NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Traffic Specialist II, Radio
ideastream is seeking a Traffic Specialist II, Radio to oversee and assure the timely and accurate scheduling and monitoring of programming and inventory on ideastream radio stations. The Traffic Specialist II, Radio reports to the Broadcast Traffic Manager, and supports ideastream’s mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use independent judgment in the scheduling of revenue spots, with proper flights and rotations, including all necessary data for non-revenue contracts including promotion, trade and other special traffic order to assure contract obligations are met.
- Work closely with Broadcast Traffic Manager regarding program schedules for ideastream radio program services.
- Manage spots inventory and prepare affidavits for revenue spots.
- Create regular reports, as requested, for management and marketing staff, including inventory availability (avails).
- Construct daily program logs for all radio streams and reconcile.
- Advise underwriting staff on use of and upgrades to traffic system.
- Coordinate and facilitate underwriting staff access to Marketron system for order entry.
- Ensure quality control for broadcast and create efficiencies that maximize revenues.
- Conduct review process to facilitate the preparation of client invoices for revenue and non-revenue spots on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Create NPR underwriting affidavits for NPR newsmagazines as required.
- Participate in WCPN and WCLV membership fundraising activities as needed.
- Serve as back-up for Traffic Specialist II, TV, as needed.
- Advise underwriting staff on the use of and to the traffic system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of radio traffic systems and procedures, including Marketron, and working knowledge of television traffic system Protrack or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with public broadcasting regulations and operations, particularly with respect to traffic and on-air credit language is a plus.
- Must be available on an on-call basis during station broadcast hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline driven environment.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired.