APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 January 2020, midnight
SCHEDULE: Mornings and occasional early afternoons, Tuesday through Friday starting in February 2020 through May 2020. Complete tour schedule provided upon request.
COMPENSATION: $15 per tour, 50 available tours, payment is bi-weekly.
MOCA AND ITS WORKFORCE
As the region’s only contemporary art museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland (moCa) leads the way in shaping and advancing contemporary culture. We are global and local, both cosmopolitan and Cleveland at our core. We are grounded in our community, and our visitors are cultural adventures who we engage with us to explore ideas and nurture our humanity. Our work culture is passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, and fun, and we value and support an enterprising staff that anticipates and reacts nimbly to change while embracing new opportunities and challenges. Success of the individual directly impacts success of the institution, so moCa holds every employee to a high standard of excellence with the expectation that everyone understands and participates in our institutional goals.
moCa is recruiting a team of enthusiastic, flexible and creative per diem preschool teachers. Experienced preschool teachers are needed to lead guided tours for the museum’s youngest learners, here for their very first visit to moCa. The ideal candidate is a playful and skilled teacher, experienced at leading age-appropriate open-ended conversations, inspiring curiosity and imaginative play, and delivering and maintaining clear direction for museum appropriate boundaries. Tour objectives, outlines, and materials will be provided by moCa Education staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete 6 hours of paid training on 12 and 14 February 2020 from 9:30 am -12:30 pm.
• Deliver exemplary 60-minute, inquiry-based, guided tours for groups of early learners (3, 4, 5 years old).
• Prepare materials and spaces before and after each tour group.
• Support qualitative and quantitative tour evaluations.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education or Museum Education preferred. Non-degreed candidates with relevant experience welcomed.
• Minimum 2 years of teaching experience with early learners (3, 4, 5 year olds) required with preference given to candidates who possess experience at non-traditional learning sites such as museums.
• Working knowledge of education theory and practice is essential with preference given to early childhood learners and informal learning sites.
• Ideal candidate enjoys and takes initiative with diverse learners.
• Superior and enthusiastic public speaking and creative engagement skills.
• Fluency in English required: speaking, reading, and writing; Spanish language candidates encouraged.
• Professionally orientated: punctual, responsible, upholds obligations and follows established procedures.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Computer competency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs.
EXPECTED FROM ALL MOCA EMPLOYEES
• Familiar with, and inspired by, contemporary art and culture.
• Positivity and enthusiasm with strong interpersonal skills that enable collaborative interaction with all museum staff and visitors/learners.
• Creativity in thought and action, showing initiative while carrying out responsibilities.
• Integrity, good judgment, and the highest ethical standards.
• Strategic thinking with creative problem-solving skills and analytic proficiency.
• Morning and early afternoon availability required. Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday, February through early May 2020.
• Communicate clearly with museum staff and visitors/learners.
• Move quickly between various facility areas while guiding groups of learners.
• Positioned for periods of time on concrete floors.
Complete the application form here: https://forms.gle/DMUznHY34LkV6cWy6
A google sign-on may be required. Email Human Resources at email@example.com if you are not able to access the online application form.
Completed applications are due no later than midnight on 30 January 2020. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and your early submission is encouraged.
No phone calls, please.