DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is seeking a visionary, dynamic and innovative Director of Programs to design and lead arts education programming and create new opportunities for young people through the arts. They focus on the outreach and cultivation of partnerships with the education, arts, and funding communities to maximize the positive impact of CAL programs and services on teaching and learning for youth. They strengthen the organization’s leadership role in the field of arts education and works closely with the Education Department to realize annual and long-term goals of CAL. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, assessment, and evaluation of all CAL programs and special projects.
- Develop new program initiatives and collaborations to meet community needs.
- Work with the Artistic Manager and education staff to ensure program quality and outcomes.
- Cultivate, initiate and respond to arts education opportunities with schools, districts and other non-profit and community organizations.
- Oversee, professionally develop, and evaluate Education Department staff; hire consultants as needed.
- Collaborate with the Artistic Manager to ensure that the CAL artist roster reflects the organizational goals for high quality, diversity, and community needs.
- Lead efforts for research and evaluation.
- Create and track budgets to meet financial goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager in the creation and maintenance of promotional materials such as the CAL Resource Guide, newsletter articles, website content and program-related brochures.
- Represent CAL at meetings, conferences, and marketing events.
- Ensure the compilation of programs statistics and financial data on all programs and use information in decision making to meet annual goals.
- Initiate projects and work with Development staff to seek funds. Oversee final programming reports to funders.
- Promote support and visibility for CAL through active participation in the local arts education community.
- Work with the Board of Directors, Board Committees and other advisory entities to advance educational goals.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for education department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six or more years of work experience in arts, arts education and management
- Willing to take strategic risks; innovative, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills; able to handle heavy work flow and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of research and evaluation
- Knowledge of NE Ohio arts and education communities a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits – health, short-term disability, 403 (b)
Resume and cover letter only to: Executive Director, Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, 10917 Magnolia Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106 or email@example.com.
CAL is an equal opportunity employer.