Salary Range: $13.00-$15.00*/hour
*Eligible for $15 after a successful 90 days.
Part Time: 12-19 hours per week (3 shifts minimum availability)
Various shifts needed Monday – Friday (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.); weekend hours required
We are looking for outgoing, organized, and articulate individuals to provide information to theater guest and handle ticket transactions at the box office window.
Playhouse Square requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot, when eligible. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on an individual basis.
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the department.
- Provide an exemplary experience to all guests at the Box Office counters, windows and over the phone.
- Assume a guest-first approach with all event day needs including but not limited to assistance with digital tickets, will-call, accessibility needs, change in seat locations and invalid or fraudulent tickets. Always be a solution source.
- Transact ticket sales, gift cards, parking, reprints, returns and exchanges in-person and over-the-phone.
- Remain up to date with all Playhouse Square district businesses, Resident Companies, events, performances, digital ticketing, guidelines, and procedures to aid in creating experiences for all Playhouse Square guests.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare individual daily deposit.
- Answer/retrieve messages and respond to questions from Box Office Information Line with urgency.
- Follow all protocols and guest service philosophies as instructed via training sessions.
- Monitor and assist with lobby ticket scanning; assist with scanner maintenance, charging and storage.
- Assist supervisor with a variety of tasks including ticket printing, ticket mailing, filing, collating reports, etc.
- Work with supervisor to rectify issues surrounding invalid or fraudulent tickets.
- Assist Sales, Service and Ticket Operations departments as needed.
- Excellent technical skills with the ability to assist customers with digital ticketing needs, prior experience with digital ticketing in a customer service setting a plus.
- Outgoing, people-oriented person, with excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Prior phone and customer service experience.
- Knowledge of current PC hardware and software.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must have schedule flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to remain calm, professional, and efficient during busy, high activity event modes.
- Ability to study and digest large volume of information and remain flexible with frequent changes and revisions.
In order to apply, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to one of the following:
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (216) 771-0217
Human Resources Department
1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44115