Position: Regular/Full time/Nonexempt
Department: Building Operations and Guest Services
Reports to: Director, Building Operations and Guest Services
Summary: The Reception and Front Desk Concierge is responsible for welcoming and providing exceptional service to foundation guests, in person, on the phone and via email. In addition, they will collaborate with the BOGS team and security staff to ensure the safety and wellbeing of guests and application of related policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Effectively manage multi-line switchboard and accurately direct incoming calls in a fast-paced environment to expedite communication between internal and external constituents.
- As an ambassador of the organization and often the first point of contact for visitors, greet guests and vendors in a timely and courteous manner with a high-level focus on customer service to ensure the highest level of customer service and that the foundation is consistently well represented.
- Serve as primary administrator of the web-based visitor management system; assist staff and guests with use; monitor daily visitor invites and sign-ins; maintain staff roster; serve as liaison with guest registration system vendor; troubleshoot and resolve system issues and interruptions.
- Respond to general inquiries and provide accurate information to the community about the Cleveland Foundation and its programs and Midtown area amenities.
- Proactively monitor, update, and troubleshoot reception technologies and equipment to ensure apps, devices, etc. are readily available.
- Train reception relief team to ensure the foundation is consistently well represented to colleagues and guests and to ensure the team properly executes reception tasks and functions. Develop and maintain accurate training and reference resources for the reception relief team.
Safety & Security:
- Monitor visitor/guest access in accordance with reception and security procedures. Model adherence to safety and security guidelines. Proactively communicate all security breaches or incidents of concern to the Director, Building Operations and Guest Services in a timely and effective manner. If directed or necessary, notify building security and/or emergency services.
- As directed, test reception security procedures collaboratively with colleagues, reporting outcomes to the Director, Building Operations and Guest Services.
Front Desk & Operations Team Support:
- Monitor Building Operations/Guest Services (BOGS) Request System. Prioritize and address daily staff requests for service, support, and supplies to ensure the productivity of the organization.
- Receive, coordinate, track and reconcile deliveries to ensure accurate records and adherence to budget.
- As directed, promptly and accurately process invoices for approval via accounts payable workflow.
- Manage access credentials for various technologies, adhering to cyber security policies.
- Inventory and replenish reception and kiosk supplies.
- Provide oversight and management of the Building Operations and Guest Services content on Microsoft Teams and TCF@Work.
- Actively participate in identifying new methods and approaches to ensuring an efficient, productive, safe, and secure work environment.
- Maintain an accurate staff roster and important contact numbers on the reception back-up cell phone
- Provide project and facility management support to the Building Operations and Services team and other departments (as approved by the BOGS Director) to strengthen the productivity and smooth operation of the organization.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
- High school diploma or GED. Other credentials always welcome.
- 3-6 years of receptionist experience, including switchboard operation, customer service. Experience interacting with safety and security staff helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Basic proficiency in web-based programs and applications.
- Desire to learn and become proficient in new technology platforms.
OTHER QUALITIES AND/OR SKILLS CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS:
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and an ability to interact confidently and effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- People-person with friendly and energetic personality. Enjoys interacting with the public and colleagues.
- Responsive, service-first approach, with the ability to respond promptly, professionally and effectively to staff and a variety of guests or callers including board members, donors, grantees, and community members.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, detail orientation, flexibility, and ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly.
- Keen observation skills and persistent awareness of surroundings.
- Familiarity with or interest in Cleveland, its neighborhoods, companies, and anchor institutions with knowledge of the non-profit sector.
- Desire to work for an organization that serves the community.
- Passion for and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of work.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The Cleveland Foundation exists to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Greater Cleveland. The ability to carry out our mission and to foster our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion can best be pursued if our workforce, grantees, donors, partners, and governing body are inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
We believe that diversity encompasses, but is not limited to, age, color, education, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental abilities or characteristics, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and/or other characteristics that make an individual unique.
The Cleveland Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities for all, and our policy is to ensure that employees are selected, developed, retained and promoted based on the individual’s ability and job performance, and without regard to that individual’s status or characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Based on the foundation's compensation program, estimated annual salary for this position may be anywhere between $34k-$44k, based on the academic, professional and community experiences and credentials of a candidate. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunities, the Foundation determines an employee’s compensation without regard to that individual’s status or characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, identity theft, accident/critical care, life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, an employee assistance program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, 10 paid holidays and, for non-exempt positions, 10 days of vacation and 12 sick days, prorated the first year of service based on date of hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter here as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position is filled. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Note: Hours worked will be largely remote, until we move into our new headquarters building early in 2023. The Cleveland Foundation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination unless a documented medical or religious exemption is approved. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential.