The Corporate & Government Gift Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of various corporations and corporate foundations to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships that will result in philanthropic support for The Cleveland Orchestra. This role provides the expertise to advance the orchestra’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests and maintaining strong communication ties with corporate donors. In addition, The Corporate & Government Gift Officer provides broad policy, government, and public affairs support to help align the orchestra’s strategic priorities at a local, state, and national level and builds relationships with community partners, local government officials, and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will met the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising – preferably in corporate giving – or sales.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant philanthropic gifts at the 5 and 6 figure levels.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques required.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to make presentations to senior-level groups as well as to build one-on-one relationships with members of diverse constituencies at all levels of authority.
- Strong organizational and writing skills.
- Demonstrated independent, mature judgment.
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize in the management of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be able to travel between locations (Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center) and to travel to local or regional meetings.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Interested applicants submit résumé and cover letter (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org