Zygote Press is excited to offer five (5) artist residencies to BIPOC artists, creatives, or educators from Northeast Ohio.
The objective of this new AIR program is to provide both emerging and established artists, creatives, and educators the opportunity to expand their practice by learning a variety of print techniques, including silkscreen, monoprint, and RISO. No previous printmaking experience is required.
- Residency focus: Emerging and Established Artists, Creatives, and Educators
- Residency dates: Beginning on May 1 and on the first of each month thereafter, through September, 2021. Each residency is one month.
- Stipend: $500
- Twenty hours of instruction with Zygote Press staff and/or Teaching Artist; Shop Orientation
- Shop flat file, locker, tools for the duration of the residency
- An invitation to participate in Zygote’s annual members’ exhibition and sale
- Zygote Community Patron Membership (value of $50) in the year of the residency, which grants access to Open Studio when available, and discounts on workshops and classes
Application Deadline for the July – September AIR seats: May 25, 2021
Application Instructions can be found on our website at www.zygotepress.com.