Church Size: 60 to 75
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Stephen Banks
Richmond Heights Nazarene Church (RHCN) is as well established non-denominational church planted in the 1950’s and located on Trebisky Road in Richmond Heights, OH. RHCN is dedicated to knowing Jesus, finding freedom, discovering purpose and making a difference. Known for its diversity and its love for the community; the church has no majority ethnicity with Black and White being equally represented.
The Senior Pastor, Stephen Banks, has been leading the church for 17 years after taking it over at the age of 23. The church is modern in style and uses music from Hillsong, Bethel, Maverick City, as well as hymns and gospel.
8- 10 hours/week
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead a diverse and modern worship service through music.
The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we add a second service and develop special worship events on campus and in our community.
Our music ministry has always been strong and we are looking for a person who can play and lead at a high level with our team of musicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for the Church of the Nazarene in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at the church.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service and all special worship events. This includes leading the music instrumentally, scheduling the band, and recruiting and developing a worship team. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for services
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with a guitar and/or piano/keyboard is a requirement.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of the church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
If interested in this position submit your resume using the following details:
-Subject line: “Attention Worship Leader Search Committee”
-PDF format preferred
-Any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.
-Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org