This is a full-time position. Current responsibilities include:
○ Regular rehearsals
○ Teaching at two weekly prison strings programs
○ Performing for all manner of audiences (traditional concerts, prisons, educational performances,
homeless shelters, church and academic residencies, etc.)
○ Participation in regular team meetings
○ Administrative work (fundraising, marketing, communications, etc.)
○ A commitment to the vision and mission of Renovare
○ A passion for participating in God’s Kingdom work on earth
○ A high level of musical training and professional performing experience
○ Experience as a chamber musician
○ Experience teaching viola and/or other string instruments. Formal pedagogy training of some sort
○ Comfort speaking to/interacting with audiences in formal and informal settings
○ Commitment to personal, musical, and spiritual growth
○ Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to be flexible, and willingness to work as a team
○ Commitment to participate in innovative and non-traditional approaches to music education and performance
○ Live in the Cleveland area
○ A sense of humor
Applicants from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds are welcome. Minority applicants are especially encouraged. It is hoped that the membership of Renovare will reflect a vibrant cross section of orthodox Christian traditions. To apply, send the items below to email@example.com. Applications are currently being reviewed and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Following a video interview applicants may be asked to come to Cleveland for an in-person interview/audition. Employment will begin in September or October 2022, depending on applicants schedule.
Applications should include:
1. Resume: Please detail educational training, performing experience, and administrative or other work experience. Include applicable community engagement and/or volunteer experience as well.
2. Letter of Interest: 1-2 pages describing your faith journey, why you are interested in this job, why you are an excellent fit for its mission, and how you understand your role as a musician in light of
3. Audition Videos: Include Youtube or Vimeo links for two contrasting solo works/movements by two different composers and a recent chamber music performance (one or more movements). Live performances are preferred, and please send only unedited videos. Include the recording date in each video’s description.
4. Reference List: Provide names, email addresses, and phone numbers for three references. At least one of these should be someone familiar with your playing, and at least one person who has worked with you in a professional context as an employer or supervisor. A reference who can speak to your faith commitment and/or character is encouraged as well. Please list a title for each reference and say what their relationship to you is.