Playhouse Square is looking for outgoing, organized, and articulate individuals to provide information to theater guest and handle ticket transactions at the box office window.
Part Time: 12-19 hours per week (3 shifts minimum availability)
Various shifts needed Monday – Friday (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.); weekend hours required
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the department.
- Provide an exemplary experience to all guests at the Box Office counters, windows and over the phone.
- Assume a guest-first approach with all event day needs including but not limited to assistance with digital tickets, will-call, accessibility needs, change in seat locations and invalid or fraudulent tickets. Always be a solution source.
- Transact ticket sales, gift cards, parking, reprints, returns and exchanges in-person and over-the-phone.
- Remain up to date with all Playhouse Square district businesses, Resident Companies, events, performances, digital ticketing, guidelines, and procedures to aid in creating experiences for all Playhouse Square guests.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare individual daily deposit.
- Answer/retrieve messages and respond to questions from Box Office Information Line with urgency.
- Follow all protocols and guest service philosophies as instructed via training sessions.
- Monitor and assist with lobby ticket scanning; assist with scanner maintenance, charging and storage.
- Assist supervisor with a variety of tasks including ticket printing, ticket mailing, filing, collating reports, etc.
- Work with supervisor to rectify issues surrounding invalid or fraudulent tickets.
- Assist Sales, Service and Ticket Operations departments as needed.
- Excellent technical skills with the ability to assist customers with digital ticketing needs, prior experience with digital ticketing in a customer service setting a plus.
- Outgoing, people-oriented person, with excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Prior phone and customer service experience.
- Knowledge of current PC hardware and software.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must have schedule flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to remain calm, professional, and efficient during busy, high activity event modes.
- Ability to study and digest large volume of information and remain flexible with frequent changes and revisions.
Playhouse Square requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on an individual basis.
In order to apply, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to one of the following:
E-mail to email@example.com
Fax to (216) 771-0217
Human Resources Department
1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44115