Reserve Chorus Music Director
The Singing Angels, founded in 1964, is a nonprofit dedicated to youth development through the highest level of artistic achievement in the performing arts. The mission is to engage youth from all communities in quality music and performing arts education that teaches teamwork, builds confidence, and provides a foundation for life.
The Reserve Chorus Music Director directs and conducts rehearsals and vocal performances to inspire singers, entertain audiences, and motivate new singers and audiences to engage with The Singing Angels. Each rehearsal and performance should deepen and expand upon the skills and knowledge they may receive in a school music class and prepare them to become members of the Performing Chorus.
- This is a part-time position.
- The rate of pay is $67.50 per rehearsal session; $54 per concert; $27 per Music Reading session; and $18 per Caroling Crusade Team Program visited.
- Rehearsals and Music Reading sessions take place on Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. from September to November and January to May.
- There are two Sunday rehearsals from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., one per semester.
- The number of concerts range from 10 – 20 per year. Most of the concerts take place from November to December.
- There are up to four audition dates in August/September and January.
- Various meetings are scheduled throughout the year based on availability.
The Music Director reports to the Artistic Director and is required to:
- Work collaboratively and through a team-oriented approach with the Artistic Director to insure innovative, creative and educational programs.
- Select vocal, instrumental, and recorded music suitable to the mission of The Singing Angels Reserve Chorus (RC).
- Teach the entire Reserve Chorus repertoire in rehearsal and conduct the repertoire in performance.
- Attend auditions and select members of The Singing Angels with the Artistic Director.
- Attend a few Reserve Chorus Team Programs during Caroling Crusade to evaluate their success.
- Audition, select, and rehearse with Reserve Chorus soloists.
- Participate in RC mid-year and year-end evaluations.
- Teach Music Reading classes to Reserve Chorus members on Saturday mornings.
- Supervise RC musicians and ensure they are ready for concerts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Piano accompanying capabilities
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Management Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth grades 4 – 8 and adults
- This job is appropriate for energetic school choral directors who have experience with grades 4 – 8, but theatrical music directors are also encouraged to apply.
The Singing Angels office and rehearsal studios are located at 3615 Euclid Ave., Cleveland OH 44115 (Masonic Auditorium).
Send cover letter and resume to:
The Singing Angels
3615 Euclid Ave., #4
Cleveland, OH 44115
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 12, 2018