NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
ideastream is seeking a Technical Producer to support pre-production and on-air materials and studio activities for producers and hosts with particular emphasis on creating competitive presentation on air.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review promotional and programming computer files for information to be used on-air.
- Carry out operator requirements in assigned broadcast shifts including: provide live announcing presence; air programs and continuity as logged; record and process programs as assigned; review promotional and programming computer files for weather and promo copy; create appropriate and timely continuity; operate broadcast computer systems such as ENPS, Content Depot, and ENCO; complete Program, Operating and E.A.S. logs in an accurate and timely manner and ensure that broadcast is in accordance with FCC requirements; check DACS and other sources regularly, and route content as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of all appropriate legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as Producer/Operator for external clients. Prepare and edit program materials.
- Compile materials for radio, Internet, and other media, including podcasts.
- Assist in special productions, including on-location remote broadcasts.
- Voice, produce, and review for broadcast recorded continuity as assigned.
- Participate in on-air fundraising.
- Ability to operate broadcast consoles, recording and editing equipment, ISDN, Comrex, Tieline, and other technical equipment as required.
- Familiarity with production requirements for handling both locally originated and network materials, such as program clocks and rundowns, and satellite schedules, and Program Logs.
- Familiarity with basic computer operations, including word processing, excel spreadsheets and Internet use.
- Responsible work habits, including strong initiative and follow-through and to be able to coordinate and delegate tasks and monitor their progress.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices. Clearly understood speaking voice. Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired.
Please attach audio samples with your application, or email audio samples to Amira.Nasrallah@ideastream.org for consideration.
WCLV 104.9 & WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.