Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full time, Exempt
Who is moCa?
As the region’s only contemporary art museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art (moCa) leads the way in shaping and advancing contemporary culture. We are global and local, cosmopolitan and Cleveland at our core. We are grounded in our community, and our visitors are cultural adventurers who we engage with to explore ideas and nurture our humanity. Our work culture is passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, and fun, and we value and support an enterprising staff that anticipates and reacts nimbly to change while embracing new opportunities and challenges. Success of the individual directly impacts success of the institution, so moCa holds every employee to a high standard of excellence with the expectation that everyone understands and participates in the institutional goals.
Who are you?
● You are a master strategist and sophisticated relationship builder, you leverage your entrepreneurial skill and sharp EQ to maximize the potential of every interaction.
● Your experience blends philanthropy, business, sales, and nonprofit work.
● You seek to combine purpose and passion, and see non-profit fundraising and relationship building as a primary way that you help make a difference in the world.
● You are mission-driven and action-oriented, an outstanding administrator whose skills range from analyzing data to hosting events to making strategic requests for support.
What will you be doing?
On a daily basis, the Senior Development Officer will:
● Plant, nurture, grow, and sustain a high quality individual gift portfolio of new and existing prospects and donors, working with Executive Director and development team to fundraise approximately $1.5M of $3.2M operating budget
● Develop, implement, and continually evaluate a strategic fundraising program that includes a prospect and moves-management research, face-to-face meetings and solicitations, comprehensive follow up, acknowledgement, and stewardship of donors within and beyond your portfolio
● Collaborate cross-departmentally as a Leadership Team member to identify funding priorities and opportunities for a comprehensive and integrated strategic fundraising plan, including foundations, government, corporate, and membership
● Strategically recommend, plan, oversee, and evaluate donor events and recognition activities to maximize revenue
● Partner with Board Governance Committee to identify, recruit, and engage new and existing Directors
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
● Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
● Minimum 5-7 years successful experience in fundraising, relationship management, donor relations, and event management
● Nonprofit experience required
● Skilled in high-level donor engagement, analyzing and applying solutions to achieve results
● Proven track record as successful relationship builder and fundraiser of individual and major gifts
● Superior written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud software, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps
● Ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate cultivation and other events
● Fluency in English: speaking, reading and writing
● Current valid driver’s license and insurance
Core Competencies of moCa Staff:
● Inspired by contemporary art and culture
● Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Responsive to frequently shifting priorities and adaptive to change
● Able to manage time, resources, and priorities to complete tasks on time with high-quality results.
● Positive and professional
● Eager to learn and take on new challenges, and open to constructive critical feedback
A few more details:
● Our office is an open work space with sitting/standing desks, a semi-private reservable office, and informal and formal meeting spaces.
● Our salaries are consistent and competitive with similarly sized nonprofits and our health benefits are excellent.
● We encourage healthy work-life balance with a generous time-off policy and 12 paid holidays.
If you see yourself in this position, we want to hear from you! Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “moCa Senior Development Officer”.
● One-page cover letter or cover email that shows how your experience and ambitions match this position and our organization.
● Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience
● Contact information for 3 references