Provide a welcome and secure atmosphere for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Security and Safety
- Greet faculty, staff, students, and visitors to CIM in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Be familiar with and able to perform both opening and closing procedures.
- Operate alarm systems.
- Ensure only authorized persons gain admittance to restricted access offices and studios.
- Challenge unfamiliar or unknown persons in or on the grounds of the institute.
- Provide surveillance of the building.
- Perform routine interior and exterior patrols of CIM’s main building, dorm, annex building and parking lot.
- Operate security surveillance equipment when asked to do so.
- Maintain visitor sign-in book.
- Notify appropriate offices of visitors in a timely manner and direct visitors to appropriate offices/meeting rooms when necessary.
- Interface with UCI Police and CWRU Police to report/resolve problems on CIM premises.
- Accept and secure lost and found articles.
- Maintain lost and found log.
- Produce incident log and incident report files.
- Emergency Situations (fire, injury, disaster, criminal action, medical, etc.)
- Notify proper authorities in case of emergencies.
- Assist medical/fire/police personnel responding to emergency.
- Direct evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Become certified for and administer CPR/First Aid, if necessary.
- Maintain studio logbook.
- Sign out studio rooms and keys.
- Maintain system for retrieving keys from faculty and students.
- Work closely with Conservatory and Preparatory Registrars in assigning rooms.
- Fulfill room reservation requests via security’s RoomRes email group using provided spread sheets and schedule documents.
- Manage student locker inventory
- Operate computerized room and event control systems as implemented.
- Follow all procedures, guidelines, and directives from the Facilities Director.
- Answer incoming calls and direct inquiries to the appropriate offices or departments.
- Assist with event setups and strikes as needed and as directed by Facilities Director or Events Planning staff.
- Maintain physical neatness of lobby, entrance areas, stairways and corridors by mopping up spills, sweeping, and vacuuming if necessary.
- Assist CIM offices and departments with various projects.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven work experience as security personnel and/or reception work preferred
- Able to interact with all levels of administration, faculty, students, outside vendors, and patrons.
- Able to easily patrol building and grounds
- Must be able to physically respond quickly in emergency situations
- Able to lift approximately 50lbs
- Able to spend at least half of work shift on foot.
- Able to respond quickly to emergency situations
- Organized with a proactive attitude to problem solving and helping all CIM constituents
- Able to work flexible hours
- Possess basic PC skills.
- Use work email efficiently.
- Read and create basic Word/Word Perfect documents.
- Read and create basic Excel spreadsheets
- Understand and comply with IT department rules for data and network security.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.