General assignment reporter wanted for Top 20 market public radio/TV station. Ours is a nurturing, innovative news organization in need of a talented, energetic journalist who is able and anxious to produce high-quality daily stories for radio and digital. Topics and tone will vary by the day, but speed, accuracy and professionalism must remain constant. If you are adaptable, a quick study and able to uncover stories that touch the concerns of our diverse audiences, then you should apply. Ability to report live from the field and do longer features across platforms also required.
The ideal candidate has:
• Experience and skill at writing, research, interviewing, story planning and development
• Demonstrated multiple media broadcast and digital production skills
• Full-time journalism experience, preferably in broadcast news
• Ability to do both daily and in-depth reporting
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred.
ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and persons who are physically challenged or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Diversity is one of our core values.
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired.
© 2019 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.