REPORTER/PRODUCER (Health Topics)
Reporter/Producer wanted for major market public radio/TV station. Primary responsibilities include in-depth reporting and analysis of issues surrounding health and health care affecting the region and the state, including coverage of breaking news. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills in broadcast and digital reporting, research, interviewing, writing, and distilling complex material creatively. Understanding of the region’s critical health issues and diverse communities is highly important.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience and skill at writing, research, story planning and development
- Demonstrated multiple media broadcast production skills
- Moderate level of full-time journalism experience, preferably in broadcast journalism
- Experience producing in-depth reports tackling complex subjects, providing analysis and interpretation
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and persons who are physically challenged or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Diversity is one of our core values.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired.