The Group Plan Commission (GPC) is a non-profit, civic-focused organization that programs, operates, and maintains Public Square, a six-and-a-half-acre urban park in the heart of downtown Cleveland.
Serves as liaison to clients and provides exemplary customer service for all rental events. Coordinates the utilization of Public Square along with related and necessary service providers to successfully manage client relationships and guest satisfaction. Supervises staff for successful execution of rental events. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Sales – Generating rental business, including but not limited to space rental and beverage service for a variety of events and programs including fundraisers, trade shows, product launches, entertainment, weddings, touring shows, etc.
1. Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models to maximize sales while evaluating the effectiveness of the strategies
2. Evaluate clients’ needs and requirements to build productive, long-lasting relationships
3. Research the current event marketplace to generate or follow through potential sales leads
4. Take inbound calls and emails; make outbound sales calls and emails
5. Prepare proposals and estimates for potential and current clients.
6. Provide sales presentations to a range of prospective clients, sponsors, and foundations to promote services and event opportunities
7. Tour Public Square with prospective clients
8. Negotiate rental contracts with prospective clients
9. Obtain deposits and balance of payment from clients.
10. Maintain accurate and comprehensive client records for every rental event.
11. Follow up communication including thank you, balance invoicing, and request for return rental
12. Attend events and trade shows to create target lists as appropriate.
1. Coordinate sales efforts with current GPC organizational programs
2. Upsell and cross-sell with programming partners.
3. Upsell and cross-sell skating rink group sales clients for expanded business opportunities.
1. Serve as primary representative for coordinating all event logistics for rental events, including venue selection, event logistics, and equipment requirements, with clear communication between all parties involved to ensure that all of the client’s needs are understood and provided for in a professional and timely manner.
2. Ensure compliance with the Public Square Facility Use Procedures and Policies for scheduled events to stay in compliance with city, state, and federal regulations. Responding effectively to violations if infractions occur during the course of the event.
3. Coordinate and schedule logistics with pertinent support contractors and vendors, including safety, equipment rental, city street closures, etc.
4. Provide direct instruction and support for events scheduled during evening and weekend hours by assigning tasks to GPC staff.
5. Provide comprehensive event information as needed in the scheduling system and with necessary staff required for each event. Identify late changes or special requests and make the required changes with staff, vendors, and contractors.
6. Provide excellent customer service to the event individuals, organizations, vendors, and contractors.
1. Assess current administrative and operational practices to provide creative ideas and solutions that will improve GPC’s customer service and the overall effectiveness of the organization.
2. Supervise assigned staff by providing orientation, guidance, assistance, and developmental training as required. Monitors project status of assigned employees.
3. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, Sports Management or Hospitality
A minimum of three years’ experience in the following areas are required:
Sales, event planning, conference, hospitality, sports, or entertainment industry
Salesforce or other CRM experience
Presentation material creation competency
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Exceptional customer service skills
Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to our General Manager Rick Grospitch.