DANCECleveland seeks Teaching Artists for its Read To Learn…Dance To Move program. Read To Learn…Dance To Move is a curriculum-based Pre-K and Kindergarten program that promotes language, literacy, and movement by engaging students through tactile learning, creative thinking, and imagination. During the program, teaching artists introduce six forms of dance (Ballet, Tap, Jazz, African, Modern, and Hip Hop) to students and incorporate books about each style of dance.
- Eight week sessions run during the fall and spring semesters, and take place at various schools within the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. Each classroom meets once a week for eight weeks. Some work in Summer 2022 may also be available.
- Teaching Artists will visit two to three classes per teaching day. Some days may require travel to different schools between each class (within close proximity in the CMSD school district.)
- Each class session is 45 minutes in duration.
- Teaching Artists teach in pairs.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Teaching artists must be available for one two-hour, paid training session prior to the start of the program.
- Teaching artists must successfully complete a FBI/BCI background check (paid for by DANCECleveland).
- Teaching artists must provide their own transportation and arrive in advance of all scheduled class times.
- Teaching artists are responsible for assessing students to the best of their ability through observation and anecdotal notes.
- Teaching artists will be responsible for all materials provided by DANCECleveland and will return all materials following the completion of the program.
- Teaching artists must have experience with the dance forms featured in the program
- Teaching artists must have experience teaching youth of all demographics and a passion for what they do!
Teaching artists will be compensated for training hours, BCI/FBI background checks, and paid $40 per class session.
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter and a resume highlighting professional/teaching experience.