Literary Cleveland is a nonprofit community of writers committed to bringing people into the world of words by providing educational writing opportunities at all levels, promoting new and existing literature of the highest quality, and advancing Northeast Ohio as a vital center of diverse voices and visions.
Literary Cleveland is accepting applications for a Program Operations Coordinator. Applicants must reside in the Northeast Ohio area. Applicants from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Program Operations Coordinator
The Program Operations Coordinator is responsible for the smooth functioning of ongoing classes, including scheduling, registration, evaluation, and communication with instructors and participants. The position requires strong planning, prioritization, and time management skills as well as customer-service and interpersonal communication skills. The Program Operations Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Programming Associate.
- Support the Programming Associate in developing, implementing, and evaluating programming and events to further the mission of the organization
- Set up classes and events on Literary Cleveland’s website and database
- Track program registration and attendance
- Communicate with program instructors and attendees before, during, and after programs
- Send evaluations after each program
- Update regular reports on program attendance and evaluations
- Participate in staff meetings to coordinate programs
- Coordinate online classes by communicating with instructors, setting up Zoom meetings, and troubleshooting with participants
- Attend in-person classes and events as needed (may include evenings and weekends)
- Support day-to-day office activities and communication such as answering phone calls and responding to emails or general inquiries
- Support marketing and communications such as newsletter, emails, and social media posts
- Strong scheduling, self-direction, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom web conferencing
- Experience with database management
- Customer relations skills
- Proven writing and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to social justice and equity
- Marketing, newsletter, social media experience is a plus
- Previous experience in related fields such as writing, literature, arts or education is a plus
- Applicants must reside in the Northeast Ohio area
- $20-22/hour depending on experience
- Up to 20 hours per week on average
- Flexible work schedule with paid time off
- Primarily work from home with in-person monthly meetings and on-site in-person program coordination as needed
- Interested applicants should apply by September 18.
- Applicants may be invited for interviews beginning in October
- Potential start date in mid- or late-October
Apply at: https://gordonsquarereview.submittable.com/submit/233859/lit-cle-program-operations-coordinator-job-application