posted October 2022
Job Summary: The Development Director is a core part of the Inlet Administrative Team and an integral part of the overall development effort. The Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing a development program that includes managing and crafting high-quality funding proposals, managing the organization’s Annual Fund, and managing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities. The Development Director will also provide input and guidance regarding the organization’s general marketing strategy. He/she/they works closely with the Executive/Artistic Director and Managing Director to maximize contributed income and ensure development operations meet the needs of the organization.
Reports to: Executive/Artistic Director
Oversees: the Administrative Assistant on any relevant fundraising tasks, and/or volunteers/Board Members.
Develop and execute an Annual Fund Development Plan that includes diverse sources (foundation, corporate, government, individual, etc). Partner with and lead teams of Executive Staff, Board Members, and High Impact Volunteers to achieve results.
CORPORATE, FOUNDATION & GOVERNMENT
• Create high-quality funding proposal narratives and supporting documents.
• Develop and maintain a Calendar of LOIs, applications, and interim/final reports.
• Follow up on all submitted proposals, including interim and final reports.
• Conduct research to identify, cultivate, and solicit new foundation/corporate/government funding opportunities.
ANNUAL FUND & MAJOR GIFTS
• Execute annual fund activities according to the Fund Development Plan. This includes annual direct mail appeals, digital appeals/newsletters, social media strategy, and special events (both small donor-focused events and annual Big Bash).
• Manage the donor database, tracking donation data, sending tax deduction letters and thank you notes (or guiding Administrative Assistant in such related tasks).
• Develop major gift request strategies that focus on the needs of the organization, tailored to the specific interests and capacity of individual prospects.
• Coordinate solicitations of individual major gift prospects. Initiate, schedule and support donor meetings involving the Executive/Artistic Director, Managing Director and Board Members as needed.
Inlet Dance Theatre
Pivot Center for Art, Dance & Expression
2937 West 25th St, Suite D
Cleveland, OH 44113
About Inlet Dance Theatre:
Inlet Dance Theatre is one of the region’s most exciting professional contemporary dance companies. Founded in 2001 by Founder and Executive/Artistic Director Bill Wade, Inlet embodies his longstanding belief that dance viewing, training, and performing experiences may serve as tools to bring about personal growth and development. During Inlet’s 22-year
history, we have transformed from a small dance company with local impact into a celebrated organization that impacts people on an international level. Our core strengths reside equally in performance and education. Whether we’re performing at local venues or conducting regional residencies or international exchanges, Inlet continues to inspire, educate, and innovate – all with the vision of using dance to further people.
Working conditions: Inlet Dance Theatre’s office is located at the Pivot Center for Art, Dance & Expression. Inlet utilizes flex time; progress being made is more important than being in the office during “regular office hours.” Remote work is acceptable, however, the candidate should be able to attend in-person events and meetings, as needed. Salary is commensurate
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
-College graduate with at least 3+ yrs. experience in business or non-profit setting. -Experience in relationship building and working with donors and volunteers especially helpful. Knowledge of the Cleveland funding community is helpful.
-Knowledgeable and highly skilled with donor software systems and/or database management and reporting is essential.
-Must be able to organize data accurately and efficiently into meaningful forms. Strong interpersonal, verbal and writing skills; data entry, typing and computer literacy necessary. -The candidate must be a highly motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment; establish priorities, develop timetables, and handle
multiple assignments; and engage donors and prospects with sincerity and enthusiasm.
-Candidate will have the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
Please send a cover letter and resume with references. Email to email@example.com, with the subject line of “Development Director.”