The Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to drive clients to CRCC services.
This is accomplished by developing and managing ongoing relationships with community partners to build trust, knowledge and quality referral systems that connect clients to CRCC services. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of on-the-ground outreach tactics in the Cuyahoga County area. This includes tracking data to ensure success metrics are met. The Outreach Coordinator provides education and outreach services to individuals, groups and organizations across Cuyahoga County, to increase knowledge of CRCC services, awareness and utilization of CRCC services and the prevalence/impact of rape and sexual abuse. Through successful delivery of a variety of outreach services, the Outreach Coordinator helps to establish CRCC as the premier provider for survivors of rape and sexual abuse across our four county service area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, implement and evaluate annual outreach plan in collaboration with outreach team.
- Disseminate written agency materials to a large variety of organizations and settings.
- Works with supervisor to develop recruitment plans for prospective clients in line with organizational objectives and strategies.
- Plans innovative community education and engagement activities to stimulate involvement in targeted communities.
- Reaches clients from vulnerable populations in danger of victimization, and survivors of sexual violence (including Sex Trafficking) to increase awareness and utilization of CRCC services and prevention of PTSD, other mental illness and addictions.
- Act as an educational resource and liaison to outside organizations and community groups, and provides information to agency personnel and the community at large.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of outreach activities and makes recommendations for adjusting as necessary.
- Attends relevant community meetings, community fairs and other outreach events.
- Attends relative committees.
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of clients and the agency.
- Assists with duties related to being a staff member at the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center as assigned.
- Submits monthly report of activities to supervisor, by 1st of the month.
- Maintain outreach and community database.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, minimum of two years experience
- Must have LSW or LPC
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Committed to the mission of CRCC to serve survivors and prevent sexual violence
- Possess knowledge of cultural diversity, working with underserved and vulnerable populations
- Ability to support and motivate potential staff and clients
- Valid OH driver’s license. Must be able to work well with volunteers and staff and to communicate effectively. Ability to handle crisis situations with a minimum of supervision. Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Hours of Work: This is a time full time (40-hours a week) nonexempt position requiring flexible hours of work for the purpose of meeting the need of survivor of sexual assault. This position requires travel within the community across Cuyahoga County.
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.