Marketing and Development Manager Job Posting
About Ingenuity Cleveland
Ingenuity Cleveland ignites the spark of creativity among artists, entrepreneurs and innovators of all types, through joy and collaboration, in service to civic progress. With our annual IngenuityFest and year-round programming, we inspire audiences, push boundaries, empower communities and generate economic impact, all while changing attitudes about our region. Ingenuity operates from a former factory in the St. Clair-Superior neighborhood, where we host IngenuityLabs and other programs and work with our partners in the Hamilton Collaborative. Visit IngenuityCleveland.org to learn more.
The Marketing/Development Manager is responsible for key components of Ingenuity’s marketing and development programs, working with the Executive and Artistic Directors. A major focus of the position is to help organize, promote, and find funding for the annual 3-day IngenuityFest. The ongoing development responsibilities include managing corporate sponsorships, fundraising events, foundation outreach, and the Annual Fund, to ensure that Ingenuity reaches its income goals. Through marketing and social media strategies, the Marketing/Development Manager will build Ingenuity’s network of supporters and increase our visibility.
We seek someone who brings skills and enthusiasm, is a quick learner, and who will thrive in our entrepreneurial, innovative, and fun environment. Ingenuity offers the opportunity to develop skills and gain new ones in a small, dynamic organization.
• Collaborate in planning and implementing the annual IngenuityFest, including onsite management of vendors, volunteers, performers, and artists
• Develop and implement annual marketing and development plans, working with ED and AD
• Take charge of social media and email campaigns, develop messaging, and keep website fresh and up-to-date
• Assist in managing the annual grants calendar, researching funders, and preparing some requests
• Represent Ingenuity positively before volunteers, donors, and event attendees
• Handle some operations and office management tasks, keep premises organized, and be on site during office hours
• Manage donor relations including database updates and gift acknowledgement
• Prepare materials for board meetings including reports and analysis of results
• Assist with accounting and money management
• Plan and organize friend- and fundraising events
• Other tasks as required to meet Ingenuity’s needs
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years relevant experience
• Computer literacy and excellent attention to detail
• Design and layout skills a big plus, as are basic web development skills such as familiarity with WordPress
• Strong oral and written communication abilities
• Organized, thorough, and used to delivering on deadline
• Good at managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with event management and ability to work under pressure
• Marketing and social media knowledge
• Enjoy working with diverse constituents including artists and entrepreneurs
• Self-starter who can take responsibility, while working in a small team environment
• Schedule flexibility for weeknight and weekend events
This position requires the ability to lift at least 30 pounds and physical exertion during long days over a 3-day festival period. Occasional evening and weekend events are required. Car and a valid driver’s license are necessary.
Ingenuity is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits include healthcare insurance and paid vacation/holidays.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 3, 2018
© 2021 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.