Marketing & Communications Officer
Position: Regular, Fulltime, Exempt
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Senior Marketing & Communications Officer
The Marketing & Communications Officer is responsible for supporting external and internal communications and aiding in the planning and executing of comprehensive communications for all constituencies of the Cleveland Foundation.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
• Manage the foundation’s digital communications efforts, including all social media properties and paid and organic campaigns. Partner with colleagues to publish regular blog posts and monthly e-newsletters.
• Serve as the primary web site editor, maintaining a steady flow of updated messaging and content across all channels with attention to search engine optimization.
• Collaborate with marketing & communications officers responsible for grantmaking and advancement communications
o Serve as the designated marketing & communications liaison to identify and fulfill multi-channel marketing and communications needs for foundation-led initiatives including the Cleveland Foundation Public Service Fellowship, Cleveland Foundation Summer Internship Program, Cleveland Foundation African American Philanthropy Committee, Creative Fusion, Digital Excellence Initiative, Encore Cleveland, Mastery Arts Initiative, MyCom Cleveland, Say Yes to Education, Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, Common Ground and others.
o Support fundraising content generation, including donor storytelling and charitable giving overviews for donors and professional advisors, that enhances the positioning of the Cleveland Foundation as the community’s philanthropic partner of choice.
• Support community engagement strategies driven through the marketing & communications team, including creation of content marketing plans and live event activation for annual meetings, award ceremonies, public forums, open houses, grantee and community events, etc.
• Track meaningful media hits, web site analytics and goals, digital and print advertising impressions, paid and organic social media metrics, event attendance and other measurable marketing outcomes. Use appropriate metrics to demonstrate accountability and success by generating a quarterly report for foundation leadership. Serve as the primary point for metrics and measurement of the overall marketing team.
• Support internal communications by coordinating monthly all-staff meeting agendas as well as periodic enterprise-wide communications to staff.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
• A bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing or related field, and a minimum of three – five years of professional marketing & communications experience.
• Know-how to produce communications in multiple formats, including print, digital, online video/animation and multimedia. Deep understanding of digital trends/digital native background preferred.
• Generalist skills that include writing, proofreading, marketing communications, social media, Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEO/SEM, internal communications, project management and more. Graphic design (including page layout and photo/illustration editing), print production, video editing and HTML/content management experience a plus.
• Ability to plan, organize, multi-task and pay careful attention to detail in order to support multiple projects, clients and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong belief in team and client service, including experience collaborating and supporting a team, working effectively with persons and communities from diverse backgrounds and managing multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Bi-lingual preferred.
• Passion for philanthropic communications and non-profit marketing.
• Familiarity with Cleveland and its nonprofit sector a plus.
• Demonstrated community involvement.
• Desire to continue learning and growing.
to enhance the lives of all residents of Greater Cleveland, now and for generations to come, by working together with our donors to build community endowment, address needs through grantmaking, and provide leadership on key community issues.
to use the power of philanthropy to enable Greater Cleveland to be a great and global American city. Together with our donors and partners, we will make innovative, impactful, and internationally recognized contributions to the field of philanthropy.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s background and experience. The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan and three weeks of vacation the first year of service, prorated based on date of hire. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5, 2019. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
© 2019 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.