General Summary of Qualities
The Greater Cleveland Aquarium is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, conservation-minded, animal-loving team player to join its 3-person, in-house “agency.” The Marketing Assistant must be a confident verbal communicator and a solid writer. As a part of the Marketing team, they may be asked to contribute to a wide variety of traffic-, revenue- and awareness-driving efforts including, but not limited to, public relations, special events, social media, digital marketing, advertising and sponsorship. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, Senior Marketing Coordinator and General Manager to develop and implement a marketing plan.
- Support the organization’s attendance, sponsorship, partnership, education and awareness objectives.
- Generate engaging, brand-appropriate content (social media, blogs, newsletters, videos, etc.).
- Manage annual Passholder program including but not limited to e-communications, renewal notifications, payment processing, Passholder perks and events, and monthly metrics.
- Launch, oversee and facilitate Captain NEO Kids’ Club.
- Help grow the Aquarium’s email subscriber base.
- Program the weekly staff communication, soliciting content and keeping contacts current.
- Recruit interns.
- Research/book/coordinate community outreach events to broaden visibility of the Aquarium.
- Manage all Make-A-Wish and similar donation requests, including planning/coordinating experiences, filling out in-kind donation forms and greeting guests when possible.
- Track and evaluate guest satisfaction.
- Set and measure goals, tracking and reporting metrics monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education & Interests
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with database management, photo and video editing software, email programming and/or ticketing software a plus
- Social media competence including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
- Internship or other relevant experience in marketing, membership, group sales, events or related field
- BA in marketing, communications, English or related major
Equipment & Software Used
- Microsoft Office, KMWare, Adobe, WordPress and Emma
- Digital camera
The Aquarium is an EOE employer. To be considered for this position, send a resume and cover letter to Samantha Fryberger, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.