Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
Apollo’s Fire seeks a dynamic Marketing & Outreach Coordinator (MOC) to be a key member of the staff. He/she is responsible for promoting concerts and outreach events, helping to increase ticket sales, bringing in new audiences, and strengthening AF’s brand. He/she generates new marketing and outreach ideas for the senior team’s consideration, and leads and inspires the part-time staff who assist with Marketing and Front-of-House. Above all, the MOC drives the marketing process and helps other team members to participate by providing key information and reminders. As a team member, he/she works in a collaborative environment as part of a small but highly efficient staff.
The MOC reports to the General Manager (GM) and works closely with the Artistic Director (AD) to convey AF’s programs to the public in a compelling way. He/she partners with the Patron Services Coordinator to ensure excellent customer service and to turn new attendees into returnees. He/she also receives general oversight and mentoring from the Executive Director (ED).
- For a more experienced candidate, the title of Manager rather than Coordinator may be offered.
- The position is full time, but the MOC has the option to work from home 1-2 days per week, depending on experience. However, he/she must be in the office full time during concert weeks, which are about 7-8 weeks per year.
- Thanks to a high level of cross-training among our staff, some of the items listed below could be reassigned to other staff as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Local Season Marketing: In consultation with the Artistic Director, and working with AF’s Graphic Designer/Web Administrator, develop and recommend timelines for print materials, eblasts, mailing list trades, and ad trades, and the budget for all of the above. Drive and manage the implementation.
- Print Materials: Coordinate production of postcards, posters, program books, season brochure, etc. Arrange for timely distribution of materials.
- Digital Marketing: draft eblast text for approval by AD; expand social media presence; keep website updated.
- Press and Publicity: Draft press releases and send to local media; in consultation with the AD, propose ideas to pitch to reporters to obtain feature previews and reviews;
- Outreach: In collaboration with the Artist-in-Residence for Outreach Programs (AROP), develop, recommend, and implement outreach strategies for Young Professionals. Attend promotional events and take an active role as one of the public “faces” of AF.
- Creative Idea Leadership: Lead the effort to attract new audiences by proposing new marketing ideas to the senior team – including ideas for publicity, partnerships, and outreach events.
- Monitor expenses against the approved budget.; participate in setting ticket revenue projections; achieve ticket-revenue goals.
- National Marketing/Branding: Work with the senior team to manage the brand of the institution, locally, nationally, and internationally. Occasionally, manage marketing and publicity for a self-produced concert out of town (once per year at most). Promote and advertise new CD releases in consultation with the senior team and AF’s national publicist.
- Box Office and Front-of-House (FOH): help out with phone orders a few hours per week; work at ¾ of local concerts on the FOH team. (There are typically about 7 to 8 weeks of concerts per year, and the MOC will work at 3-4 concerts in each of those weeks, receiving a half-day of comp time for each concert worked.)
- Staff Leadership: Supervise the work of the 2 part-time Marketing/Box Office associates.
- There are opportunities to learn other areas of the organization depending on interest and skill level.