The Cleveland Orchestra has been for decades a point of pride in its hometown. It is universally admired for its world-class credentials, its gifted musicians, and its acoustically perfect and visually stunning concert hall. The orchestra welcomes people of all ages, all walks of life, and invites them to experience something that is unique in the world.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Booking & Contracts who will ensure the efficient and accurate scheduling of Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center concerts and events in the Musical Arts Association (MAA) scheduling system, and maintain and distribute the Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center calendar of events. This individual will embrace and demonstrate The Cleveland Orchestra Guest Experience Brand, Behaviors, and Standards in all interactions with guests and colleagues.
The responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Oversee the accurate and timely scheduling of all MAA events in Severance Hall in all designated spaces through the ArtsVision System.
- Ensure contracts, deposits, insurance forms and other correspondence are kept up to date and organized.
- Work with the Venue Sales Manager to update the status of scheduled events; monitor holds and double-check booking entries.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled training on the ArtsVision System.
- Respond to requests for information from The Cleveland Orchestra operations, the ticket office, subscription office, and other MAA offices, as well as guests.
- Oversee the proper engagement of contractors required to support all Severance Hall events.
- Generate requests for security forces requested by internal and external clients or as deemed necessary for a concert or event.
- Coordinate concert and event parking and transportation requirements with the current parking operator in Lot 29 and Case Western Reserve University parking offices. Hold monthly planning meetings and produce the monthly parking calendar.
- Measure the success of event outcomes through routine evaluation system. Use the results of the evaluation process to continuously improve event management services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with local associations, event planners, Destination Cleveland, and Sales & Marketing Executives (SME) to promote Severance Hall as a destination for their event.
- Work collaboratively with Marigold Catering to ensure that logistics and services to support event sales are in place.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the overall hospitality market – SWOT analysis, economic trends, supply and demand etc.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate client invoices as required for the client billing process.
- Act as a representative of MAA to internal and external constituencies, exemplifying the highest standards of customer service and teamwork.
- Maintain current knowledge and certification of emergency response procedures for both Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center; fulfill participant role as an emergency responder when needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality & Tourism, or another related discipline
- Three years’ experience in performing arts and/or special event management required
- Previous supervisory experience highly desirable
- Prior experience working with catering services or food & beverage contractors preferred
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service that consistently exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with multiple constituencies and diverse groups of people
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve conflict in a professional, diplomatic manner
- Demonstrated independent, mature judgment; and professional image and attitude
- Strong administrative, organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Obtain and maintain active First Aid, CPR and AED certification; ability to assess and calmly lead others in emergency situations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management systems; experience with event scheduling systems (ArtsVision and EBMS) preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including a 403(b) plan with employer match, along with the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer