Manager of Adult Education
Immediate Supervisor VP of Education
Directly Supervises NA
Written/Revised March 27, 2018
Written/ Revised by HR Manager
Job Summary: This position manages the development and delivery of informal educational programs and information for adults on both campuses as well as development and delivery for outreach programming; oversees the registration process, data collection, invoicing and budget for all adult informal programs; oversees adult tour programs and trains guides on CBG campus and oversees other adult self-directed educational opportunities and monitors their quality and effectiveness; teaches classes and leads groups. Performs other activities and advisory roles as required.
- Establishes individual performance objectives that align with the organization’s vision
- Manages cross-campus program schedule and other informal education offerings for adults
- Directs and streamlines program registration functions for adult programs
- Ensures all relevant program information is available on organization webpage and monitors for accuracy
- Assesses current and future needs by obtaining ongoing feedback from staff and key internal and external program participants
- Uses project management techniques to identify critical needs and to ensure process completion for program development
- Develops program budgets and approves all budget transactions
- Negotiates and administers contracts with instructors/vendors relative to classes and other public programs
- Assigns, prioritizes, and reviews program related activities
- Leads within the organization and collaborates with external organizations to plan workshops and other specialized informal education programs
- Interacts with the informal education community of NE Ohio to develop partnerships and program collaborations
- Ensures programs are aligned with organization’s objectives and evaluates them to ensure performance targets are met
- Designs and implements quality program assessment tools
- Analyzes program data and makes recommendations based on results of evaluation
- Ensures staff and volunteers are trained on the use and delivery of the quality programs, can identify and address deficiencies and leads them in quality improvement exercises.
- Teaches classes, conducts workshops, and participates in other activities as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in natural/environmental sciences, horticulture, museum studies or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading informal education programs for adults
- Proven base of knowledge, understanding and operations of adult informal education and interpretation.
- Proven ability to seek out and implement new informal educational and informational delivery methods.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis, financial management, program development and evaluation; management of staff, volunteers, multiple programs; teaching and museum practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Altru by Blackbaud software.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with staff, enlisting cooperation across program areas and with outside parties, including collaborators and contractors
- Represent the organization to its supporters and constituents credibly, enthusiastically, and professionally
- Skill, experience, and temperament for collaboration, negotiation, and decision-making, including promoting teamwork within a program area and interdepartmentally
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule
- Must have a driving record in good standing
- Depth of knowledge, understanding and operations of all areas of informal education.
- Travel by automobile, airplane and other forms of transportation as necessary to attend meetings and events