Position Title: Operations & Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Interacts with: Artistic Director, Patrons, Volunteers, Vendors, Musicians
Status: hourly, av. 20 hours/week
Salary: $16-20 per hour
The Operations & Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing the organization’s production logistics, ticket sales and related marketing efforts. This is a part-time, hourly position that will average approximately 20 hours per week for 45 weeks per year. The Operations & Marketing Manager generally works out of the Les Délices offices in Shaker Heights, with flexibility to work remotely and to determine his/her own hours in consultation with the Executive Director. Various scheduled in-person meetings will be required, as will availability to work to work at all Cleveland/Akron-area concerts and outreach programs. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Event Production
- Communicate with
- Manage all logistics with Cleveland venue partners, adhering to negotiated contracts
- Rent or acquire any necessary equipment for performances (chairs, projectors/screens, etc.)
- Work with volunteers to ensure concerts, receptions, etc., go smoothly
- Box Office
- Manage annual process of box office set-up including discounts, etc.
- Process ticket sales made directly from Les Délices. Monitor and respond to all patron inquiries that come in through the website or the phone.
- Monitor ticket sales in patron management system for each performance, and determine the number of seats available for walk-in sales.
- Manage the box office at every performance. Interacts with volunteers, and reconcile cash with ticket sales.
- Assist with audit of the patron management system’s cash collections from ticket sales and verify the accuracy of all credit card charges.
- Plan and/or implement all social media marketing strategies to leverage increased ticket sales and expand on-line presence on the website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or other opportunities.
- Coordinate the USPS and email dissemination of the season ticket brochure and individual concert reminders. Coordinate the dissemination of e-newsletters.
- Coordinate advertising. At the direction of the Executive Director or Artistic Director, identify targets for paid advertising and exchanges. Prepare a schedule for advertising activities. Contact advertising sources, negotiate terms, and follow up with all materials required for ads.
- Maintain press contact lists. At the direction of the Executive Director or Artistic Director, send press releases and other information to media.
- Coordinate meetings of the Marketing Committee.
- Patron Support
- Assist with generating subscription and single ticket buyer communications.
- Assist with generating and mailing the annual solicitation letters. The master letter will be drafted by the Artistic Director, and she will sign each individual letter.
- Audit the patron management service’s cash collections from charitable contributions. Verify the accuracy of all credit card charges and fees charged by the patron management service.
- Generate acknowledgment letters to contributors for the Artistic Director’s signature.
- Update and maintain the patron/donor data base using the patron management system.
- Prepare reports of contributions.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience working with a performing arts organization desirable, but not required
- Music background desirable, but not required
- Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of leveraging social media for business
- Ability to work in a virtual office using Dropbox, GoogleDocs, and other business software
- Experience with database usage desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with concert production details and artist handling desirable, but not required
- Behavioral Characteristics
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and well organized
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact harmoniously with patrons and volunteers
- Flexibility and willingness to step in and help out when needed
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for helping a start-up organization grow
- Punctual and respectful of agreed-upon arrival and departure times for programs
- Must have own reliable transportation to/from office, performances, programs
- Must have own reliable phone and laptop computer
Please submit cover letter and resume to Les Délices Executive Director, Laura Wiegand, at firstname.lastname@example.org