Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: Managing Director
Status: Full-time – Exempt
Plans and oversees administrative support, human resources management, office services, and facilities management. Duties include budgeting, administrative support, equipment maintenance, building maintenance, and/or other related functions. Establishes, implements, and enforces office policies and procedures, and sets workflow priorities and standards. Manage all systems and processes that a company uses every single day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for operations of the museum including operation and maintenance of HVAC, landscaping and snow removal, interior, exterior lighting and appearance, signage, cleaning.
- Schedule inspections of all museum equipment as required by State and local codes and insurance requirements.
- Negotiate and maintain maintenance contracts with vendors, landscaping, HVAC, cleaning contractor and other services.
- Liaison with general contractors, architects, city building department, police and fire department for building projects, inspections, and problems.
- Organize and coordinate plans and logistics for Facilities Committee meetings, draft agenda, minutes, and Board updates.
- Maintain and oversee operation, repair, and replacement of audio-visual equipment in the museum. Work with AV consultant troubleshooting problems and order replacement equipment.
- Oversee security system, cameras, policies, procedures, training employees, volunteers in use of system.
- Manage security guards, including scheduling for daily operations, special events and any other needs.
- Maintain and oversee museum lighting inventory and replacement.
- Responsible for programming, operation, and maintenance of electronic sign.
- Human Resources
- Compensation and benefits Administration, including employee enrollment
- Administer employee benefits program, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Maintain Personnel records
- Prepare museum payroll, maintain vacation, and sick leave records.
- Work with Managing Director to implement personnel policies, employee manual.
- Oversees office and museum computer operations, including email and network operations. Work with IT consultant on troubleshooting and maintenance of computers.
- Review, approve, and code all invoices associated with benefits, utilities, audio visual, building maintenance and special exhibitions.
- Maintain and program phone system.
- Work with Director of Finance and vendors to negotiate contracts for copier, postage machine, internet and phone, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, HVAC, etc.
- Work with Manager of Collections & Exhibitions on budget, contract, construction management of special exhibitions including, storage, audio visual installation, working with City of Beachwood and electrical contractor.
- Collaborating with the Director of Finance to develop operating budgets for Museum Operations, Core Exhibition and Special Exhibitions and yearly audit.
- Manage and oversee front of house operations. Work closely with and manage the Manager of Volunteer, Visitor Services.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to Human Resources, Maltz Museum, 2929 Richmond Rd., Beachwood, Ohio, 44122, email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.