The successful candidate will possess:
- Thorough understanding of cash management, financial modeling and forecasting, budgeting, purchasing, and business systems
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite
- Broad general facilities management know-how.
- Broad knowledge of administrative and management information systems.
- Demonstrated team leadership, management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; presentation skills.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence; integrity, tact, diplomacy, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Significant experience in working with a board of directors and its related finance, audit and investment committees
- Demonstrated decision making and delegation skills.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization (preferred)
- Experience working in a public media organization (preferred)
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission, IRS and state regulations relating to non-commercial media (preferred)
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (preferred)
- Demonstrated successful, professional experience in similar management position
- A seasoned level of experience in a senior financial operations role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Major in accounting, MBA, CPA a plus.
For a complete job description and to apply please go to www.ideastream.org/careers click on the job title Chief Financial Officer.