Position: Preferred: Regular, Exempt, Full Time
Will Consider: Part-time schedule for those pursuing a relevant degree, with a transition to full-time upon graduation Spring 2022
Reports to: Director of Investments & Treasury
Date Revised: December 2021
Summary: The Investment Analyst, in collaboration with the CFO and Director of Investments, is responsible for investment research and analysis related to the foundation’s $3.1B endowment. In addition, the Investment Analyst will be responsible for conducting initial due diligence on diversity managers and will oversee the finance departments social impact investing strategies.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
• Maintain the data base and dashboard on social impact and diversity manager investments for the Foundation.
• Conduct research on diverse investment managers and provide recommendations on selections. Track progress of managers hired towards goals.
• Conduct annual diversity survey with investment managers and obtain statistics on improvements made in proxy voting preferences.
• Maintain requirements for diversity pledges made publicly by the foundation and learn new practices from others in the field.
• Obtain benchmark information on social impact programs offered by other foundations.
• Assist the Director of Investments and Program Director on blended finance projects that can be used as catalytic impact investments.
• Keep abreast of social impact investment market conditions and support the Director of Investments by providing recommendations on how to achieve long-term social impact goals.
• Interface with Cleveland Innovation Project partners on development of social impact ecosystem.
• Oversee the maintenance of CLE Impact Portal and work with Marketing on external communications of social impact achievements. Update the Foundations Social Impact web page as needed with marketing.
• Prepare presentations for CFO and Director of Investments on Social Impact Program at the Foundation and assist with presentations for donor conversations.
• Conduct research on potential new managers for SRI and REI Pools and conduct modeling of back tested performance as needed.
• Oversee the model for social impact investment goals and update quarterly for SIIC. Monitor progress towards goal and suggest modifications as needed to attain long-term objectives.
• Work with Program on reviewing outstanding Program Related Loans and prepare cashflow projections for payments.
• Review passive in-house pools on a bimonthly basis and make recommendations on rebalancing needs.
• Assist with the valuation of private equity accounts in social impact investment pools.
• Track social impact made from impact investments and provide semiannual update to SIIC.
• Review Social impact Investment Policy once a year and recommend modifications to reflect the progress made and anticipated changes.
• Assist with slide preparation for SIIC and present MRIs to the Committee with the Director of Investments.
• Work on special projects as requested by the CFO or Director of Investments.
• Support traditional investment as needed.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field completed or to be earned by Spring 2022 with at least one year of prior working experience, including internships, in investments/finance. Current or in-process credentials for regular, full-time candidates such as MBA, CFA, or CAIA preferred.
• Advanced PowerPoint and Excel modeling skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office 365.
• Bloomberg Terminal experience preferred.
• Advance proficiency with online collaboration tools such as Zoom, MS Teams and similar.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of internal and external individuals at all levels.
• Demonstrated committed to and passion for work that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Desire to work collaborative within and across teams.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to turn around requests quickly.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s background and experience and whether the candidate starts as full or part-time. The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan and three weeks of vacation the first year of service, prorated based on date of hire and full or part-time status. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter here. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Note: The Cleveland Foundation is currently working partially remote until such time a determination is made to safely return to the office on a regular basis early in the first quarter of 2022.
© 2022 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.