Reporting to the Director of Membership, this development database analyst is an integral member of the Marketing and Development department. The development analyst works directly with the CRM donor fundraising solution, wealth assessment (Wealth Engine, iWave), and constituent communication solutions (Mail Chimp). This position will support end users with fundraising data requests and software issues including, but not limited to, setting up dashboards, creating and auditing queries, developing reports, creating data exports to move data from one system to another, and correcting data integrity issues related to fundraising activities. The analyst will implement direct response fundraising campaigns using direct mail, telemarketing, pledge drives, and ongoing on-air and online techniques. In addition, the analyst will support performance management reporting for ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and yearly KPIs.
- Support, initiate and complete ongoing data requests including routing mailing lists, invitation lists, and other lists to support integrated marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal staff to implement strategies for direct response programs using direct mail, pledge drives, and ongoing on-air and online techniques.
- Regularly monitor performance and analyze progress and results by creating and providing dashboards, ad hoc, and routine reports.
- Support, collaborate and initiate creation of data exports to move data from one system to another including internal systems at ideastream and external systems via vendors.
- Compile reports to support executive summaries for budgeting, forecasting and other projects.
- Maintain integrity of CRM software by following database management policies to keep information up to date and performing regular database maintenance.
- Maintain donor records with confidentiality and accuracy.
- Ability to set-up queries on demand.
- Prepare data for solicitation mailings and pledge billing.
- Code member accounts for accurate communications.
- Lead and implement data cleanup on accounts as needed.
- Providing research insights as needed through queries in Allegiance as well as wealth screenings for individual giving support for the annual fund, as well as planned giving prospects.
- Compile donor data for publications, including but not limited to the annual Report to the Community, board of trustees and committee reporting.
- Provide support throughout the membership department, including the leadership giving program as well as planned giving.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, including internet research and precision in data entry
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to meet project deadlines
- Adept at tracking deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in data imports and exports in the fundraising software environment.
- Quality focused, goal oriented
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing processes
- Experience with fundraising software such as Allegiance, Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect or Salesforce required
- Solid working knowledge of relational database architecture, table structure, mapping, etc. is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a nonprofit fundraising/development office
- Proven ability to be a team player and strong relationship management experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Office environment. Requires ability to see, verbally communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.