Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation’s leading independent colleges of art and design.
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This position is responsible for providing employee customer service and support of HR functions, including: recruitment & hiring, compensation & benefits administration, EEO/AA, policy & procedures, HRIS, retention, training and development.
This position will serve as the front line representative of the Human Resources Department, greeting visitors, answering phone calls, and fielding questions.
• Responds to employee requests for assistance
• Assists with recruitment, onboarding, and orientation processes
• Assists with administration of all benefits programs, including open enrollment process and tracking participation in wellness programs
• Develops employee communications regarding benefits programs and annual required notices
• Coordinates salary administration and processes payroll transactions
• Maintains HR record keeping systems, including HRIS, benefits, annual performance reviews
• Assists with coordination of training programs and seminars for faculty & staff
• Assists with organizational development efforts throughout the organization
Requires generalist level of knowledge of all areas of personnel administration and practices. Requires knowledge of employment law and staying current in both areas.
Requires organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility to move between day-to-day tasks and project oriented tasks. Excellent communication skills necessary. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel. Must be a team player with a positive attitude who maintains confidentiality. Effective at coordinating the work of others through appropriate follow-up.
A Bachelor’s Degree and 2 to 4 years generalist or specialist experience in HR. Experience in academic environment helpful.
Please send resume with cover letter including salary requirements by August 23, 2019 to:
Cleveland Institute of Art
11610 Euclid Ave
Job Code: HRG
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
No phone calls please
Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.
© 2021 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.