Looking for someone whose specialty is teaching beginning and intermediate level hip hop to students ages 7-16 for the 2022-23 school year. Our schedule consists of a 16 week fall semester, 19 week winter/spring semester, and 7 week summer session.
· Teach fundamental hip hop skills and techniques in a dance studio setting.
· Develop choreography that is relevant to the students and age and level appropriate.
· Inform students of the history of hip hop and help make relevant connections to today’s culture.
· Promote self-esteem and confidence in and out of the studio.
· Ensure that class material promotes cooperation, respect for others and teamwork.
· Prior teaching experience, preferably with youth/teens.
· Performance and/or choreographic experience.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Artistic and creative with a passion for dance.
· Patience in the classroom setting.
· Post secondary education in dance is a bonus.
A competitive hourly rate will be discussed with each potential candidate.
To apply in confidence, please send your resume and cover letter to Melanie Szucs at email@example.com. No phone calls please.