The Cleveland Orchestra has been for decades a point of pride in its hometown. It is universally admired for its world-class credentials, its gifted musicians, and its acoustically perfect and visually stunning concert hall. The orchestra welcomes people of all ages, all walks of life, and invites them to experience something that is unique in the world.
We are currently seeking a Hall Staff representative who will uphold and execute the principals of The Cleveland Orchestra Guest Experience Brand, Behaviors, and Standards in all actions with guests and colleagues.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- General cleaning of Severance Hall including front of house and back of house spaces. General cleaning will include, but is not limited to vacuuming; mopping floors; dusting; washing, cleaning windows and mirrors; polishing surfaces; and any general house- keeping / cleaning duties. Detail cleaning of rest rooms, including sanitizing and deodorizing.
- Trash removal from front of house and back of house spaces before, during, and after events, functions, or workdays at Severance Hall to ensure a clean and sanitary building environment.
- Maintenance of a daily work order log that identifies and documents all areas that have been cleaned and maintained for that particular day.
- Moving and/or delivering items, materials, supplies, programs, office furniture, file cabinets, shipments, and other items related to the effective operation of the Musical Arts Association; and ensure that movement of items will not cause damage to building surfaces or interrupt business.
- Room setups and strikes for Musical Arts Association concerts and special events. Activity may include, and shall not be limited to: setting up and breaking down tables and chairs, linen, flip charts, and any related materials, equipment and/or supplies. Set up and breakdown requests will be completed as outlined in Severance Hall work orders with 100 % accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to work at public or private events to ensure clean rest room facilities and public spaces. Provide service in the event of a spill, accident, or bio-hazard cleanup. Provide the necessary setups/strikes that appear on work orders, and to provide and/or install sponsor signs, easels, stanchions, supplies, delivery of programs, or other related items. Wear designated concert attire while working these functions.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of and the ability to deliver excellent customer service that consistently exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- The physical requirements of this position are related to a standard facilities or maintenance environment. Must be able to lift, bend, carry, move office equipment and furniture, and use cleaning equipment and/or standard tools. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to hear, talk, stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to recognize and seek guidance regarding maintaining the integrity and success of daily functions and events at Severance Hall.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with multiple constituencies and diverse groups of people to communicate directions or information to patrons, staff and visitors in a courteous and gracious manner. Ability to use 2-way radio device to effectively communicate on a regular basis.
- Ability to interpret a daily assignment sheet, work orders and follow all written directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize different fine finishes in the building and use proper cleaning agents.
- Ability to work independently or in teams with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Follow department apparel guidelines on a daily basis.
- Obtain and maintain active CPR and AED certification
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including a 403(b) plan with employer match, along with the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.
We are an equal opportunity employer