Green Corps Program Coordinator
Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It comprises two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus in Kirtland and is the 12th largest public garden in the US.
We are seeking a Green Corps Program Coordinator to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, this position is responsible for providing operational and program planning support including site and asset coordination as well as planning and implementation of the re-imagined program
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve on the program development team tasked with the redesign of the future Green Corps program to be launched in 2021
- Support program development through research, plan documentation, task and meeting coordination, and planning / execution of test programs and/or events
- Support the Director of Community Partnerships in the engagement of communities and stakeholders throughout the program planning process
- Work with the Education department to plan, pilot, and deliver community education programs
- Provide material support for development and implementation of 2021 operations plan (relaunch year)
- During the 2020 season, oversee maintenance and limited operations on HF&G urban farm site acres located within the City of Cleveland. Meet or exceed quality standards as defined by HF&G management
- Source and provide oversight for landscape maintenance contractor(s) responsible for site cleanups, bi-weekly weeding/cutting, and waste removal
- Visit all sites at least once per week and respond to any needs or issues that arise
- Organize, catalog, and inventory program assets (tools, supplies, equipment) and files (electronic and paper)
- Supervise the work of program volunteers and/or seasonal staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or other disciplines related to horticulture or plant sciences
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience delivering programs in formal or informal educational settings
- Prior experience overseeing daily work of team members, volunteers, and/or contractors
- Prior experience in gardening, urban agriculture, and/or youth (teen) development preferred
- Prior experience working in a public horticulture setting such as a botanical garden, arboretum, or extension service is preferred
- Prior experience with program, event, or course planning
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the general public
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Must pass a criminal background check and substance screening.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Use of common hand and powered gardening tools
- Occasional weekend, evening, and holiday work is required
- Speak, write and understand English
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch; ascend and descend stairs, travel by foot on a variety of terrain that may be wet, slippery, rocky, steep, unpaved or uneven; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls, reach with hands and arms, and have the ability to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to exert 50 pounds of regularly. This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in mild and extreme weather.
Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=347033&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.