Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It comprises two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus in Kirtland, and it is the 12th largest public garden in the US.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team. Located at the Holden Arboretum campus, the Graphic Designer supports the Art Director in managing and executing a wide range of graphics and production products.
- Provides design direction and produces design concepts and finished art for projects such as rack cards, brochures, flyers, signs, programs and digital graphics
- Manages graphics project requests including communication with the internal clients about project objectives and timing
- Coordinates production schedules with internal clients, printers and mail houses
- Ensures adherence of communication materials to Holden Forests & Gardens branding
- Maintains art archives and photo library
- Maintains traffic and production logs for all creative service projects
- Occasional support of social media accounts
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
- Up to three years of experience as a Junior Designer
- Experience with Adobe software, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- HTML experience a bonus
- Photography skills a bonus
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills