What Is The Position?
Cuyahoga Arts & Culture (CAC) seeks a manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of a portion of grants in our two primary grant programs: project support and general operating support. In this position you will gain in-depth knowledge of and build strong working relationships with over 100 grant recipients. You will also participate in the evaluation of CAC’s grant programs, considering how they fit within the organization’s objectives and suggesting improvements. You will also support the work of fellow grant program managers and teammates.
Who Are We?
We are one of the largest public funders of arts and culture in the nation, connecting people to millions of cultural experiences in Cuyahoga County each year. Since 2007, we have invested over $195 million in tax dollars in 420 organizations and projects countywide. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Why Work With Us?
We are a team that believes in connection, discovery, equity, service, stewardship, and trust. We encourage each team member to pursue personal and professional development opportunities as part of their yearly objectives. We offer an excellent benefits package including 25 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and medical, dental and vision coverage. Our office hours are 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday. This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time position with occasional night and weekend responsibilities. (Please note, our team is working remotely through 2020.)
What Is Our Commitment to Equity?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering and cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion, where every team member is valued and respected. We value equity and embrace and encourage our team members’ differences in age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, citizenship status, and other characteristics that make our team unique. See www.cacgrants.org/equity for more.
What Are the Essential Functions of the Position?
• Serve as in-house liaison for grant recipients and provide them thoughtful feedback and guidance on their
• Lead creation of grant program materials and workflow.
• Design and conduct workshops and resources and provide technical assistance to applicants.
• Play a key role in ongoing evaluation and revision of grantmaking processes, policies, and procedures.
• Present recommendations to CAC Board of Trustees.
• Conduct site visits and keep in regular communication with grant recipients to build on existing relationships
and stay abreast of their activities.
• Identify, advocate for and support marketing of grant recipients’ events and activities.
• Assist in communicating CAC’s goals to the community, including presenting at community events.
• Manage all administrative matters associated with grants, including processing reports, payments, etc.
What Are the Minimum Requirements for the Position?
• Have at least 5 years of direct, relevant professional experience with demonstrated understanding of
nonprofit organizations across sectors and their operational needs and complexities.
• Have exceptional project management skills with demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects from
conception to completion, work effectively and collaborate with peers, organize processes, and identify the
steps required to manage complex work.
• Be an effective communicator with the ability to lead conversations and navigate different professional
• Have a keen interest in and understanding of Cuyahoga County’s arts and cultural assets.
• Have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and database management systems.
• Have the ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and day-to-day work effectively.
• Have the ability to work independently while also actively supporting the work of the grant program team and
your CAC co-workers.
• Have an understanding of racial equity’s core constructs and interest in active learning and openness to self reflections and ongoing conversations around race.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 25 days of paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
How Do You Apply?
If you meet the requirements of this position, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned about this position and what about the arts and cultural environment in Cuyahoga County excites you. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone inquiries, please. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 18, 2020.