THE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF CLEVELAND
3813 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
To apply: Email a resume to email@example.com
MUSEUM EXPERIENCE FACILITATOR
This position represents the face of the Museum by interacting with guests at all points. This position is responsible for ensuring that visitors have a positive, safe, clean, and fun experience at the Museum.
Pay rate is $10.00 per hour. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. The weekly work schedule for this position is Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8:30am to 5:00pm and either Saturdays or Sundays 9:30am to 6:00pm.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Interact with Museum visitors in a friendly, positive, and helpful manner.
• Answer visitors’ questions both in person and on the telephone.
• Have in-depth knowledge of Museum policies, events, exhibits, and layout.
• Interact with children and families in exhibits.
• Monitor exhibit rooms, café, restrooms, gift shop, and lobby for cleanliness and guest safety. Clean these areas when necessary.
• Reset exhibit props through the day and do a thorough reset at the end of the day.
• Regular sanitizing of exhibit rooms and props.
• Assist with set up, clean up, and presentation of special programs and events, including weekend birthday parties.
• Lead or assist with daily programming and family activities.
• Assist with preparations for and attend donor events, including annual gala.
• Other duties as assigned, particularly during busy times.
Additional Duties (Employee may do some or all of these tasks)
• Welcome guests to the Museum by staffing the front desk. Complete their ticket or gift shop purchase on the cash register. Check in visitors who have a membership.
• Monitor birthday party rooms, welcome party hosts and guests, and work with party hosts to resolve any questions or problems. Assist with party room set up and clean up.
• Lead educational group tours, which include an educational presentation, craft, and play time in exhibits.
• Interact with visitors while dressed as a costumed character.
• Attend outreach events. Staff a Museum table and/or teach an educational program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time. Employee is required to work one weekend day as part of their weekly schedule. Evenings may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as collaborative skills to work with staff across the Museum.
2. Ability to manage people and projects in a creative and fast-paced professional environment. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
3. A persistent self-motivator who can work with minimal oversight and achieve goals on a consistent basis.
4. Must pass a background check.
1. Prior experience working with young children and/or families.
2. Prior experience working in a customer service position.
3. Prior experience operating a POS system.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to thrive both independently and as a member of a larger staff team.
• Ability to work with individuals representing a diversity of religions, gender identities, ethnicities, parenting styles, disabilities, and political beliefs, etc.
Additional skills that are highly valued, but not required, include:
• Knowledge of early childhood education.
• Public speaking.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
VISUAL: Required to observe exhibit space, view activities and exhibit components and use computer.
ORAL: Required for heavy communication with volunteers, staff, children and adult public.
HEARING: Required for face-to-face and telephone conversations with volunteers, staff, children and adult public.
DEXTERITY: Required for keyboarding, manipulating activities, exhibit cleaning, and maintenance.
OTHER PHYSICAL: Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods; bending, kneeling, climbing and reaching. Requires ability to lift 25 pounds. Must be able to tolerate dust in the environment.
© 2021 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.