Executive Editor wanted for Top 20 market public radio/TV station. Ours is a nurturing, innovative news organization in need of a skilled, energetic news leader to lead a talented and dedicated team of journalists. ideastream is committed to strengthening the community and illuminating the world around us. We do that through our content, storytelling, convening, and creating the highest quality journalism that compels the ears and eyes, engages the mind, and helps the community see both its best self and where it can improve. The Executive Editor will use every resource available to inspire a gifted team of journalists to relentlessly pursue that mission across ideastream’s extensive digital and broadcast footprint.
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a journalist with a demonstrated record of achievements and at least 5 years’ experience as a successful manager of editorial and content development teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with creating journalism on digital and broadcast platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead innovation and be a champion for new ideas and experiments
- Understanding and experience with business functions such as human resources, finance, marketing and development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred.
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.