The Event Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, planning and executing Rock & Roll Hall of Fame internal events and select facility rentals. Handles all logistical tasks for internal events and acts as the liaison between Rock Hall staff, partners, and vendors.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1.Treats internal Rock Hall staff as clients and handles all logistical tasks when scheduling, planning and executing onsite and offsite events.
- Prepares agendas and conducts meetings to support successful event planning and execution of Rock Hall internal events such as receptions, educational programs, tours, press conferences, member/donor functions, happy hours, employee events, concerts, and community events.
- Manages time effectively to prioritize development/fundraising events, while successfully executing all other events.
- Creates and implements event planning documents including an event timeline, checklist, and task assignments.
- Coordinates event planning process, tracks event budget, and KPIs.
- Works with Aramark for onsite events or offsite venue caterer to select menu items, schedule tastings, and determine event setup.
- Secures offsite venues as appropriate, and works with venues, vendors, external consultants and Rock Hall staff to coordinate events.
- Uses Caterease, Tessitura and Social Tables (or comparable technology based tools) to manage event operations.
- Works with internal operations staff to execute events.
- Coordinates all aspects of events and acts as the MOD on event date.
- Schedules event debrief meeting and prepares and presents an event summary to recap the event, KPIs, budget, and documents for core planning team feedback.
- Works with staff to make appropriate adjustments for future events.
2.Coordinates onsite Induction related events.
- Works with Rock Hall staff, partners, and board of trustees to coordinate creative design, menu and logistical details of Induction VIP events and Simulcast held at Rock Hall.
- Orchestrates planning and logistical details.
- Manages, plans and tracks event budget and KPIs based on event goals and objectives.
- Works directly with the Vice President of Development and External Relations and board subcommittee(s) as appropriate.
3.Oversees operation of internal Rock Hall events.
- Gathers event details from client according to event timeline.
- Communicates event details to Aramark on or before agreed upon deadline.
- Handles menu selections.
- Works with client and Aramark to develop floor plans.
- Works directly with Rock Hall operations staff to coordinate Rock Hall internal events.
- Prepares and reviews all event orders for accuracy to ensure event details are clearly communicated to cross-functional staff and partners.
- Reviews BEOs and obtains approval.
- Distributes event orders.
- Schedules and leads weekly event orders meetings.
- Issues post-event quality control survey.
- Posts forecast reports.
- Updates conference room signage.
4.Provides service and assistance during internal events.
- Oversees event setup.
- Trouble-shoots as necessary.
- Ensures all event setup requirements are met.
- Assists client as needed.
- Monitors event and ensures compliance with Museum facility use policies.
5.Acts as the liaison between Rock Hall and vendor programs and projects for internal events and overall operations.
- Manages vendor relations.
- Ensures compliance with museum policies and details of partnership agreements.
- Trouble-shoots as necessary.
- Coordinates vendor programs and projects.
- Processes inquiries.
- Assists with fulfillment of agreements.
- Maintains tracking reports.
Duties include but may not be limited to the above.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1.Education Level: Ability to read and demonstrate basic oral, written, mathematical and manual skills. Ability to communicate and be articulate in standard English. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
2.Experience in Field: Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience scheduling and coordinating events. A minimum of two years’ experience in a highly visible customer service related position, preferably front-line hospitality experience where there is significant exposure and contact with customers/visitors.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic contract language.
- Ability to respond to numerous requests simultaneously.
- Flexibility and an ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to wear radio headset as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff members, volunteers, Museum members, donors and visitors.
- A professional and resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time; and willingness to learn.
- Thinks of the big-picture and considers the impact of decisions across the institution.
- Understands implicitly how to work with different people and various working styles across the organization.
- Sets a strong example for others by initiating collaboration and working consistently in a collegial manner.
- Displays a positive attitude toward guests and other museum staff.
- Encourages teamwork, and anticipates and removes obstacles to effective teamwork; seeks to resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Approaches others in a positive manner and builds solid long-term relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to successfully pass a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame reference check, background investigation and drug screening.
- Computer literate in standard office management software, including Microsoft Office applications. Experience working with database software required, with proficiency in Microsoft Products with strength in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.