POSITION SUMMARY: Near West Theatre is excited to announce the search for candidates for the newly formed position of Engagement Manager. The Engagement Manager maintains and builds positive relationships with our community of participants, audience, alumni and donors. This position will align internal and external resources and communications ensuring our community has access to the proper information and opportunities. This position will manage and communicate volunteer opportunities, oversee the creation and distribution of production, program and event communications and collateral, monitor general email communications, create social media content, and provide general administrative support. This position will work closely with NWT staff, volunteers, alumni and community to ensure robust participation. This is a critical position supporting the advancement of the NWT mission and the organization’s vital services as we continue to emphasize racial equity and safe spaces on our journey in becoming a multi-cultural anti-racist organization.
Near West Theatre has a unique identity as an intergenerational community-based theatre where people work side-by-side, onstage and off, producing our annual production season and through participation in mission-centric programs and events. NWT provides high quality, innovative, socially relevant musicals that are inclusive and accessible with our community. NWT is a founding anchor institution of the Gordon Square Arts District serving the Detroit Shoreway, West Side and Northeast Ohio communities in our state-of-the-art 27,000 square foot, ADA accessible facility.
- Oversite of general email accounts and delegate to appropriate staff
- Assist in the creating and updating of key production and program forms, materials, announcements and portals
- External communication of key production and program information such as audition announcements, press releases, recruitment and timelines
- Assist in the recruitment of production and program participants through digital systems and in-person
- Engage and coordinate with NWT alumni to share opportunities, achievements, and long-term relationship development
- Assist development in communicating donor opportunities for support, engagement and gratitude
- Assist in the creation and distribution of email blasts
- Create strategies to better align opportunities with potential participants and audience in the Detroit Shoreway and near west side neighborhoods
- Act as liaison with design and marketing contractors to ensure timelines and goals are met
- Act as liaison with the organization marketing committee
- Assist in raising the profile of the organization regionally
Volunteer Management / Production Support:
- Recruit, assign roles, train and manage volunteers
- Ensure quality guest experiences through effective front of house management including box office, concessions and ushers
- Grow and cultivate the NWT volunteer base through effective digital and in-person communications on several platforms and systems
- Survey and assess volunteer experiences for quality control and to ensure long-term engagement
- Manage content and create production playbills
- Create, schedule and post social media content on all platforms
- Maintain mission-centric voice and language in social media communications
- Cultivate raw videos, photography, and preferred language from staff to refine into quality engagement to advance mission, share opportunities, and drive revenue goals
- Cultivate and create multi-media content such at videos, slideshows and stories
- Use data and reporting to assess social media engagement and success
- Work closely with appropriate staff to schedule social calendars
- Attend events and productions, when applicable, as a representative of NWT and to aid in front of house management duties
- Engage in external non-NWT community events and opportunities to build relationships and expand awareness
- Attend and engage in external non-NWT arts & culture meetings and events as a valuable member of the Greater Cleveland arts ecosystem
- Other administrative duties as assigned
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Engagement Manager reports to the Artistic Director, and works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Advancement and Program Manager.
- Proficient in writing, messaging, and communications
- Manage people and participants effectively and with respect
- Experience formatting graphics and other collateral to help market and promote services
- Ease in participant-centered communications with the public
- Ability to effectively manage time while balancing a diversity of projects at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Constant Contact (or other constituent email system), Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Basecamp (or other task management platform)
- Proficiency with various social media platforms
- A commitment to the values and mission of the organization
- A commitment to forwarding organization racial equity goals and commitments
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Kind, empathetic, and collaborative in maintaining a safe and positive work environment
- A proactive self-starter and creative problem-solver
- Passion to serve others with a priority toward youth
- An appreciation for social justice initiatives
- A desire to make our community and region a better society
- Passion for helping guests, patrons, participants, families, and volunteers
- A willingness to support other staff and pitch in when someone needs help
- Calmness under pressure
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but can be replaced with 2+ years of professional experience. Experience with nonprofits, arts and culture institutions, and/or theaters is desired.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: This is a Full-Time, exempt, 40-hour per week position requiring some evenings and weekends. NWT offers a starting annual salary of $40,000 in addition to medical, dental benefits, and 4% contribution into retirement after one year. 20 days of paid time off annually, in addition to national holidays and organization-wide winter break.
PHYSICAL: Must be able to work in an open office environment. Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine and computer printer. Candidates must follow our policies and procedures including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and completing a background check.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume online through our website form. If preferred, applicants may email application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title listed in the subject line; or mail to: Near West Theatre, ATTN: Human Resources Department, 6702 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44102.
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. Near West Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.