The Cleveland Orchestra is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for its Education & Community Engagement (EdCE) department. This individual will be responsible for the accurate and timely implementation of the department’s systems – for budgeting/finance, program scheduling, digital asset management, data collection and impact reporting, and for coordinating the logistics for its Board Committees, meetings and workshops, both in-person and via Zoom. The Coordinator also serves as the first contact/primary liaison between the EdCE department and the general public, communicating with a wide range of constituents for our programs for preschool through adult learners.
Education & Community Engagement is one of the important pillars of The Cleveland Orchestra’s strategic plan. This position supports our mandate to increase the relevance and impact of The Cleveland Orchestra’s education and community programs for citizens of all ages in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio; to nurture and develop the next generation of concertgoers and musicians; to expand access to the Orchestra, removing barriers to participation; and to unite our diverse community through the transformative power of music.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative support for a team of passionate professionals who manage a broad array of learning and community engagement programs, both inside and outside of Severance Hall.
- Examples include building and tracking project budgets/forecasts; processing program registrations, fees, invoices; entering program events in ArtsVision scheduling software; preparing communications to educators, adult learners, community partners; and entering and maintaining Tessitura contact lists.
- Serve as Point Person for EdCE Impact Data and Statistics.
- Examples include collecting, analyzing, and reporting video statistics from Vimeo, YouTube; collecting education and community program data for monthly Dashboards, annual Snapshots, and summary charts in Powerpoint.
- Manage a growing collection of EdCE Digital Content Assets.
- Examples include uploading final videos to Youtube and Vimeo; organizing and maintaining EdCE video assets and EdCE photo file; and serving as key contact for the requests received.
- Serve as the first contact/primary liaison between the EdCE department and the general public, with other departments, and with trustees and community partners.
- Examples include responding to inquiries by phone, email or through the Orchestra’s website; serving as a key contact with trustees and community leaders for Board Committee meetings (6 per year), utilizing Board Portal; liaising with other departments to provide timely and accurate information for fundraising proposals, budget/forecast reports, and content requests for publications and social media.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of administrative work experience
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and able to learn and use various databases and planning and data management software including Artsvision, Tessitura, DropBox, WeTransfer
- Proficiency and experience with email marketing software (WordFly, Mailchimp, etc); online form builders such as Wufoo and Google Forms, desirable
- Ability to interpret and formulate communications around data-driven material
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with diverse constituency groups (both internal and external)
- Demonstrated independent, mature judgment
- Ability to successfully prioritize to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional image and demeanor
- Passion for orchestral music is highly desirable
We offer a competitive salary, generous medical and dental plan benefits, 403(b) plan with employer match, and the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.
The Cleveland Orchestra is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and individuals from all equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply on our website at https://www.clevelandorchestra.com/contact/auditions-careers/careers/