Donor Stewardship & Events Manager
Holden Forests & Gardens
Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking a Donor Stewardship & Events Manager who will be responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive calendar of events and programs to increase donor/prospect engagement in the mission of Holden Forests & Gardens. The role includes oversight of signature fundraising events at both the Arboretum and Garden campuses and successfully meeting revenue goals.
- Work with Vice President of Development to develop a plan and budget to successfully meet financial and engagement goals for fundraising events and stewardship programs.
- Develop and execute an annual calendar of stewardship events in collaboration with the development team. Partner with colleagues in Guest Services, Facility Rentals, and Catering to leverage shared resources and effectively execute events at both campuses. Incorporate HF&G experts and other resources as needed.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of Holden Forests & Gardens annual fundraising events at both campuses, including serving as the primary liaison to event volunteer committees that include members of the Board of Directors.
- Work with development colleagues to build fundraising event sponsorship opportunities and assist in cultivating and soliciting individual and corporate sponsors for fundraising events and stewardship programs.
- Assist in planning annual Affiliate Garden Club events.
- Coordinate stewardship programs with the membership and annual fund programs to strengthen the donor pipeline and advance donors on a continuum of giving.
- Help build donor communications plan with development and marketing colleagues to demonstrate mission impact in the community.
- Maintain an active peer network in order to stay attuned to industry trends, best practices, and benchmarking.
- Help promote a culture of philanthropy at Holden Forests & Gardens, including maintaining a strong understanding of mission-based programs and activities.
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of applicable experience, including fundraising experience and/or special events planning.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge or Altru experience preferred) and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to effectively analyze and report on data and manage budgets.
- Solid writing and presentation ability
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule – some evenings and weekends required.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Typical work week is Monday – Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
- Must have a driving record in good standing
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Requires sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to exert 5 to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents and write reports and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public.
- Ability to interact with the public and team members in a positive manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to:
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace