Donor Relations Assistant
Position: Regular, Fulltime, Nonexempt
Reports to: Senior Counsel and Director, Donor Relations
Date Reviewed: March 2019
Summary: The Donor Relations Assistant (DRA) plays a high level-administrative support to the Donor Relations team to provide outstanding donor services that align with the mission of the Foundation. The DRA is the lead iPhi administrator for the team.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Provide proactive and comprehensive administrative support to the Donor Relations team to anticipate their needs and carry out critical team activities.
- Assist with the scheduling and coordination of meetings, events, and appointments.
- Create customized fund and stewardship reports, and professional looking presentations for prospective donors.
- Prepare handbooks, supporting documents and gifts to newly-established donors.
- Oversee the distribution process of the quarterly donor statements.
- Prepare organizational fund brochures and related marketing tools.
- Provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Organize files, databases, contact lists, and other department records to ensure accuracy and up-to-date information.
- Serve as lead administrator for iPhi database and online donor services, including the donor portal, donor help desk, and advancement hotline for the Donor Relations team.
- Provide donor perspective in ITS meetings regarding partnership with Stellar Technologies, iPhi upgrades, and implementation of new technologies that impact donors.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and serve as a responsive services team member to respond to inquiries from current donors, prospective donors, organizations, and professional advisors to resolve issues, provide information, and serve as a link to Foundation resources.
- Update and maintain the content for the donor relations responsive handbook to provide a streamlined experience for team members to deliver the highest quality of services for donors.
- Other related duties and assignments as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field and three to five years of experience working in a customer service or development environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, grammatical and proofing skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and an ability to interact confidently and effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills with a proactive, solution-based focus to addressing problems or issues.
- Ability to respond sensitively and patiently to staff, donor and community inquiries in a timely manner and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidences regarding donor, prospect, and financial data.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, flexibility, and ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and anticipate problems as they arise.
- Ability to take a proactive role in team efforts, promote cooperation and collaboration between team members and encourage open communication in multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365 applications, internet research, database input/maintenance and the ability and desire to continually learn new technology as appropriate.
Other highly desirable qualifications include familiarity with the Cleveland business and nonprofit community, an understanding of philanthropic fundraising, and proficiency with donor databases.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s background and experience. The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan and two weeks of vacation the first year of service, prorated based on date of hire. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to email@example.com by April 7, 2019. Candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted around the week of April 8, 2019. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.