The Director will be Dunham Tavern Museum’s chief executive officer, responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include budgeting, fundraising, marketing, management of volunteers, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Ability to effectively maintain and extend the uses of the DTM and greenspace will be the responsibility of the Director.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership record of accomplishment
• Five years or more of management experience
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of DTM’s strategic future to staff, Board, members,
• Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate, and motivate volunteers and staff
• Skill in fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to a nonprofit organization
• Hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking ability
• Planning and operation of annual budget.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions
• Serving as DTM’s primary spokesperson to DTM’s constituents, the media and the
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with appropriate outside organizations and use
those relationships to strategically enhance DTM’s mission.
• Reporting to and working closely with the Board on policy decisions, fundraising and
increasing the visibility of the organization in the community
• Supervising and collaborating with organization staff
• Planning and implementing strategic initiatives
• Overseeing Board and committee meetings
• Implementing marketing and other communications efforts, including social media
• Reviewing and approving contracts for services in conjunction with Board
• Assuming other duties assigned by the Board of Directors
COMPENSATION AND START DATE:
Compensation package will be between $60,000-$65,000, depending on experience and benefits
required. The position is full time, with a projected start date of June 1, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume, including at least three (3) professional references with a cover letter
describing your qualifications in each of the areas outlined in this job description to DTM Search
Committee to DTMsearch2018@gmail.com
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2018. The Dunham Tavern Museum is an equal
© 2020 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.