Please include salary requirements when applying, in order to be considered.
Playhouse Square is looking for a self-motivated, outgoing individual with experience in theater operations, programming and contract negotiations to take on our exciting position of Director of Programming
- Guide the Programming Department’s annual and long-term programming goals pursuant to the organization’s mission. Achieve annual financial goals by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with agents, managers, artists, promoters, and renters.
- Administer all aspects of the booking calendar for performances and events. Work with the Programming team, Special Events, Education, ideastream®, and all resident companies to determine maximum efficient usage of all spaces. Approve venue usage requests and mitigate potential conflicts.
- Oversee the day to day Programming initiatives (including but not limited to Broadway, presented concerts and cultural attractions, for-profit and non-profit performance rentals, and special events) from booking through settlement. Develop budgets, negotiate deal points, administer contracts, determine base and dynamic pricing strategies, manage expenses, and execute settlements.
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the department.
- Supervise a team of Programming professionals, maintaining a culture that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality employees.
- Develop and maintain expenses for the annual department budget and prepare the annual budget calendar and show budgets for Finance. Provide monthly financial forecasting for all performances and events.
- Maximize the effectiveness of shows for the highest gain to each department throughout the organization.
- Represent Playhouse Square to the industry by attending appropriate conferences and meetings.
- General Manage shows produced or co-produced by Playhouse Square.
- Minimum of ten years programming, theater operations and contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Programming trends in all genres of the Performing Arts.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Flexible, outgoing, people-oriented person, with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Playhouse Square is proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as one of Cleveland’s Top Workplaces by The Plain Dealer, a recognition based solely on surveys completed by our employees.
Playhouse Square offers an attractive and comprehensive benefit package to employees that provides exceptional coverage. This package includes:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Discounted Parking
Playhouse Square requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on an individual basis.
In order to apply, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to one of the following:
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to 216-771-0217
Human Resources Department
1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44115