Cleveland Ballet seeks a Development Director to oversee its fundraising programs. The Director of Development is responsible for growing financial support for Cleveland Ballet from individual donors, foundations, and corporations. The Director of Development is part of the Ballet’s senior management team, reporting directly to the President and CEO.
- Lead the day to day operations of the development department in executing a strategic comprehensive fundraising program. Manage staff, maintain department budget, establish revenue goals, and oversee events and activities related to fundraising.
- Cultivate relationships with current and prospective Cleveland Ballet donors and patrons, including foundation program officers and government and corporate entities.
- Direct all grant seeking efforts. Identify new opportunities for grant support and maintain monthly grants calendar.
- Design and implement an annual fund program to support budget goal. Develop relationships with past and current donors and patrons to move them along the donor continuum.
- Manage the corporate sponsorship program.
- Support the Executive Director in the cultivation and solicitation of Board giving. Develop and refine board giving strategies.
- In coordination with the development events coordinator, plan, design, and execute an annual gala fundraising event and additional donor events throughout the year.
- Oversee the management of Cleveland Ballet’s database and ensure its accuracy.
- Regularly attend meetings of the Board of Directors and work with board members to maximize their role as Ballet partners and leaders. Maintain communications with board members and regularly update them on fundraising activity.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five years working in a competitive nonprofit fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated ability in professional writing and proposal writing.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the Northeast Ohio fundraising community and/or experience in fundraising for arts and culture organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and through written communication with diverse constituencies.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Familiarity with constituent management software helpful.
Please email your resume with a formal cover letter to CEO Michael Krasnyansky at email@example.com. Applications accepted through December 6.