Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It comprises two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus in Kirtland, and is the 12th largest public garden in the US.
We are seeking a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations serves as a leader in developing and enhancing relationships in support of Holden Forests & Gardens’ mission and plans and for fulfilling the organization’s fundraising goals through proposal submissions and other various channels.
· Designs, implements, and manages proactive programs to secure corporate and foundation support for operating and capital programs.
· Cultivates relationships with corporate and foundation program officers, giving officers, trustees, and other individuals responsible for gift and grant support.
· Develops and maintains long-term relationships with foundation prospects and donors as well as researches and maintains information on foundation donors and prospects.
· Supports board members, volunteers, and colleagues in the cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation funding.
· Researches and prepares gift and grant proposals for operating funds, special and capital projects and endowments.
· Monitors grant-funded projects, follow-up and report to grantors as requested.
· Follows up with foundation prospects and donors relative to proposal deadlines, funding guidelines, responding to requests, cultivation, stewardship, and similar activities.
· Designs and implements cultivation activities to engage and inform foundation representatives of Holden Forests & Gardens mission, plans and programs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in non-profit leadership/administration, communications or related field
· Experience with fundraising and relationship management
· Proficient with Altru system, Microsoft Office suite
· Must pass a criminal background and substance test
· Must have a driving record in good standing
· Must be able work a flexible schedule
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume with salary requirements online:
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace
© 2020 Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.