DIRECTOR OF MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
ideastream is seeking a dynamic Director of Member Engagement to lead the day-to-day membership marketing, fundraising and engagement efforts for ideastream members including
- Planning and management of all activities and professional staffing of the department.
- Membership campaigns, including direct marketing, digital marketing, special event engagement, on-air campaigns and membership service.
- Management of all vendors and associated contracts for direct marketing, telemarketing, database and list services.
- Supervise, coach and train staff to remain current in fundraising skills.
- Internal collaborations with content, education and event team members.
- Manage budget, expense and reporting of fundraising programs and outcomes.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and track direct marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated skills in creative fundraising and success in meeting measureable goals
- A proven track record of working in a diverse environment
- Experience with membership acquisition, cultivation and retention
- Demonstrated ability to supervise employees and foster teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop operating revenue and expense budgets
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency working with computer systems – MS Office Suite and with customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Moderate to seasoned level of nonprofit fundraising experience in annual fund campaigns using a variety of direct response techniques.
- Experience in public broadcasting fundraising a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or public media setting
ideastream serves the people of Northeast Ohio as a trusted and dynamic multimedia source for illuminating the world around us. Publicly supported and locally owned, ideastream is indispensable and highly valued for its unique ability to strengthen our community. ideastream is the consolidation of WVIZ/PBS, with five channels of public television service (WVIZ/PBS-HD, WVIZ/PBS Ohio, WVIZ/PBS World, WVIZ/PBS Create, and WVIZ/PBS Kids); 90.3 WCPN, Northeast Ohio’s NPR news and public affairs radio station; WCLV 104.9, Northeast Ohio’s classical music radio station; ideastream Education, with educational resources, services and the award-winning children’s series NewsDepth; and management of The Ohio Channel and the Ohio Public Radio and Television Statehouse News Bureau on behalf of all Ohio’s public broadcasting stations.
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment
and click on the position desired.